The Wedding

The air that once held warmth now is filled with sorrow.

While Hyunjin, Jeongin and Seungmin were asleep Chan was staring out the window, his gaze was distant and remained expressionless as he stared at dawning horizon.

He didn't catch a wink of sleep. He couldn't.

Not like this.

Felix stared up at the ceiling, he also could not sleep.

"Couldn't sleep huh?" Chan whispered though his back was to Felix.

"No, not really"

Chan turned but stopped as the hotel phone blared in the room, startling a sleeping Jeongin, who karate kicked Hyunjin off the bed.

He wasn't the only one who kicked as Seungmin kicked Felix's leg upon hearing the phone ring.

They all started bickering at eachother and Chan couldn't contain his laughter as he went for the phone.

It was from reception.

Chan hushed the others as he answered the phone from the hotel lobby.

The other members eyed him curiously as they wrestled eachother.

"I'm sorry no we can't. "

They all stopped and looked at him.

"I deeply apologize but we can't. There's just no way we can do it. Please try to understand." He pleaded sorrowfully.

He hung up the phone and sat himself in the chair beside the bed, hands covering his face.

They all got up concerned and surrounded him.

"What happened?" asked Jeongin

They all waited, then Chan lowered his head and slid his hands from his face.

"They wanted us to perform for a wedding" he said, voice filled with sorrow.

Of course they couldn't perform, not with the other members in critical condition.

But not all of them have to perform.

"Why don't we do it, then?" Suggested Felix

All eyes shot a glare at Felix.

"Does he have to spell it out for you? We can't perform because we lost most of our group" said Hyunjin referring to Chan.

"Well I'm not just gonna sit here and mope all day! It's such a waste of time. Instead of wasting it we should continue to do what we were meant to do, to make others happy with our music. That's would they would want us to do" said Felix balling a fist in front of his face.

"Wel-" Hyunjin was cut off by Chan's hand. "You're right Felix" he said.

They all stared in silence as Felix could feel the sweat on the back of his neck.

"But" Chan continued sadly "we are not authorized to perform with out our manager present."

"Our manager isn't here right now" Said Felix "but we can't just sit here and do nothing. We already running low on funds because we weren't expecting an extended stay."

"I know that Felix but until our manager recovers we're just gonna have to make do" Chan reasoned, with Seungmin nodding his head.

"But you do as you wish Felix."

Felix couldn't help but feel a little lightened by Chan giving him the option.

"Alright then who wants to join me?" He asked. He looked at Seungmin and Hyunjin who both shook their heads.