35

Harry couldn't sleep.

Niall and Liam had looked over him the entire day after the incident, until nighttime came and Harry wasn't feeling any better. The two Alphas were sweet enough to offer to stay in his room for the night, but Harry didn't want to be a bother and told them that he'd be fine by himself. They reluctantly left soon, Niall kissing his forehead lightly, while Liam softly told him not to hesitate to let him know if he needed anything at all. Bless them.

But as the night grew deeper, Harry felt worse. Earlier, he had woken up to the sound of yelling and screaming—and as an instinct, he'd immediately panicked when he didn't find Louis beside him. When he went downstairs, though, he didn't expect to see David. He most definitely did not expect to see that man for another second in his life. But of course he'd had to show up just when David was right there to see him.

And then Louis—Louis was going to kill him. If he hadn't stopped, Harry was certain Louis would've killed him. And yes, Harry hated David as much as the next guy, but he didn't hate him to the point of wanting him dead. He could just remember how absolutely livid Louis had looked, how Harry barely recognized his own boyfriend as he beat David up.

Harry didn't even care about Louis shoving him into the wall, it was clearly an accident. But at that moment, he'd felt so shocked and his head actually hurt from its collision with the wall, so he wasn't thinking straight. If he were, though, he would've run straight to Louis and healed his wounds and kissed them better. That was what a good boyfriend would do.

What was worse was Louis didn't even come to his room to talk. Were they just going to ignore this? Were they going to pretend it never even happened the following day? Harry just wanted his Louis to cuddle with. That was all.

After who knew how long of twisting and turning on the bed, Harry finally sat up and stared at the door. He'd been waiting for that door to burst open and for Louis to reveal himself for hours—but it was clear that Louis had no plans of seeing him tonight. Which Harry didn't agree with, because he strongly believed that it's better to talk things through with your partner than to let it last longer.

So, Harry stood up, his blanket still draped over his back as he left his room and walked quietly down the hall. Louis' door was closed, and he couldn't hear anything from inside. Maybe he was already asleep? Should Harry wake him up? What if—

Harry gasped when the door suddenly opened. An equally startled-looking Louis stared back at him, mouth opening and closing helplessly. Harry just wrapped his blanket tighter around his body and fidgeted with his fingers.

"Can I come in?" Harry asked, voice loud and clear in the silent hallway.

Louis nodded immediately, stepping aside so Harry could come in. Once he was inside, Louis closed the door, and before Harry could even turn around to face him, Louis was wrapping his arms around Harry's torso from behind, his face burrowing into Harry's neck.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't mean to. Fuck—is there a scar? A wound? I'm so fucking sorry," Louis said.

Harry turned around in his arms so that he was facing the Alpha now. He hooked his finger under Louis' chin and tilted his head upwards so that he would meet his eyes.

"I'm not angry. Well, I am upset—but not about that. I'm upset because you didn't come to my room and I couldn't sleep." Harry said.

Louis chuckled in what sounded like relief. "I thought you didn't want me there. I was—I messed up big time. I shouldn't have done anything I had earlier, but he was talking to you like that and I couldn't just let—"

Harry shut him up with a firm kiss on the lips. After pulling away, he said, "As I said, I'm not mad you idiot. I'm worried, if anything."

Harry took Louis' wrists and brought his hands up, inspecting his bandaged knuckles. Harry immediately tsked, wondering who'd treated his wound. "How many ointments did they put? I bet only one. There should be layers so that it'll heal quicker and better."