Reason To Live

It was a regular day,

Karan was locking his house to move out and his eyes fell on her. She is his neighbour. She never fails to mesmerise him. He fell in love at first sight for her but to his dismay, the day he saw her was the day she was entering someone else's life. She was all adorned in her pink bridal lehenga smilingly entering her new house.

Karan can never forget that sight when he saw her but the fact that she was married and happy never let him confess his feelings to her. He didn't want to hurt her. He can never think of that even in his dreams. He knew his love is one-sided. She didn't even know him. He knew that she is unaware that there is a person in this world who can give up his life on her, for her. She rules his heart, his mind, his thoughts. But he took the decision to never confess, the fear of hurting her took over the pain of his one-sided love.

In the present,

Karan was looking at her. She was still looking like angel but there was a difference. She was not wearing her smile.. A smile Karan could die for. She was crying and running out of her house.

Karan was confused and he saw she was about to approach a speedy truck. He ran like a mad beast and caught hold of her wrist.

He pulled her with such force that they both fell down on the road with Preeta on top. He could feel her deep breaths on his face.

Karan tucked her hair strands behind her ears and saw her beautiful face. Her tears fell on his face and he felt like his world ended right then and there.

Preeta(crying) : Kyu roka tumne mujhe..

Karan: Preeta tum yeh kya krne jaa rhi thi...

Preeta looked at him in shock. She didn't know him but he saved her and he knew her name. How?

Preeta: Tum mujhe jaante ho...

Karan: Main tumhara padosi hu...karan.. (gulping the lump in his throat).. Tum Ayaan ki wife ho na..

And listening Ayaan's name, her eyes again welled up in tears.

Karan helped her stood up but she fainted in his arms.

Karan(patting her cheeks) : Preeta... Preeta... Oh god..

He picked her up and took her to his house. He gently placed her on bed, covered her with duvet and went downstairs to cook something for her as he ringed up the doctor.

Karan was preparing food.

Karan(in mind) : Yeh preeta.. Suicide aur ayaan ka naam sunke aise ro kyu rhi thi.... Kahi inki ladai...

His bubble of thought broke when he listened some voices from upstairs. He rushed to his room to see everything messed up and Preeta lying there in pool of blood. He stumbled seeing her.

He somehow calmed himself, picked her up and rushed to hospital. Tears were not ready to stop from his eyes.

He was sitting outside the operation theatre all numb. Doctors were treating her. He saw her attempting suicide for two times. He wanted to know what made her hate her life so much that she decided to end it.

He felt something on his shoulder. He looked up to see doctor. He stood up.

Doctor : She is Safe..

And these three words were the best he could ever hear.

He went inside to see her unconscious, lifeless. He sat besides her.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Karan blur. She blinked and looked at him properly.

Preeta : Main marri nhi..