Broken Charm(3)

Karan's POV

I was still sitting there. Even after four hours, even with my mind telling me to leave, I was sitting there. She can't love me. Was I that bad? No. She just thought she couldn't love me but I love her. To protect me from breaking, she herself broke me. What an irony!

Tears rolled down my cheeks as my heart was still feeling her presence around. Her touch as the cold breeze touched my face, her tears which were dripping from my eyes and that fear which broke me. My body wasn't able to move, I was feeling cold but the rage inside me didn't let me go. I laid down there only and closed my eyes in tears.

Rabba teri khudayi..
Haye yaad hai aayi..

Preeta was walking with piled up files in her hands. She collided with Karan and was about to trip when he held her through waist.

Dil yeh deta duhai..
Gam se de tu rihai..

Preeta(in tears): I don't want to lose you Karan..Please don't love me..

Haal kse sunaava..
Rog kse mitawa..

Our first meeting, her innocence, that smile. Am I going to forget her? Would I ever be able to forget her? Why did you leave when I was the one wanting you to stay? Why? Babydoll..Why?

Rabba kismat mein rona kyu likha..

I slowly drifted to sleep unable to bear that pain in my senses but my dreams still had her. A charm that left me broken, love that left itself incomplete.

Kaisa yeh marz h..Ishq..Ishq..
Kaisa yeh dard h..Ishq..Ishq..

She hugged his jacket which he gave her as tears rolled down her cheeks. Loving meant leaving and even thou she left, she can never leave him, she can never love him because love always ended bad for her and with him, she never wanted it to end.

Mera dushman mera..Ishq..Ishq..
Ni main maar mukaava..

People say Love stories are difficult but sometimes its just the word love that makes the story difficult. May be, if I didn't love her, I would have had her by my side...May be, if I wouldn't have confessed, she wouldn't have left but for me, loving means living and I owe my breaths to her because even though this love was broken, its pieces were the reason I was alive.

"Hey",her voice brought me out of the memory trance of us.

"Hii",I looked at her relishing her presence after a couple of months. Not gonna lie. It has been 4 months 15 days and 10 hours since I last saw her.

"Are you happy?",her question had a glint of pain in it she thought I won't care for but..there is always a but.

"Yup..Very happy..You? Long time",I tried. I really tried to be stern but my heart was sinking and it always melts like a wax candle in front of her.

"I am fine..And..I just wanted to tell you..",she was stammering but I was too patient to listen her. After four months, voice of my love.

Before she could complete, Inaya held my hand smilingly. Preeta stopped.

"Inaya..A moment",I really wanted some moments with Preeta.

"Okayy..I am waiting for you love", she kissed my cheek and left. I noticed that fake smile on her face.