May be

Karan promised Mahira to marry her and in return, she got Preeta a clean chit and took her complaint against Preeta back.

Preeta came out of court with Sarla and Shrishti who were happy to see her free. Karan followed her smiling seeing her out. Preeta turned and looked at him.

Karan: Preeta..

Mahira held his hand. Karan looked at her.

Mahira: Tumne jaisa kaha maine kiya..Ab chale..

Karan looked at Preeta. She looked away and left with her family.

Mahira: Karan..Chale?

Karan jerked her hand and looked away.

Karan: Tum chalo..Mujhe kuch kaam hai..

Mahira: Main bhi tumhare saath..

But before she could complete, Karan interrupted annoyed by her interference in his life.

Karan: Mahira main koi chota bacha nhi hu kii tum har jagah meri ungli pakad pr chlogi..Tum ghar jao..Mera jab mann krega aa jauga..Tumhe koi haq nhi hai mujh pr rok tok lagane ka..

Mahira: Hmari shaadi hone wali hai Karan..

Karan: Hone wali hai..Hui nhi hai..Remember that..

Karan left giving her a death glare. Mahira looked at him hurt by his words.

Karan sat in his car and started driving. He went behind Aroras, he wanted to talk to Preeta or just see her or whatever he didn't care.

Sarla and Shrishti got out of car helping dadi come out. Preeta also came out. Sarla and Dadi went inside.

Karan got out of car and looked at them. He moved towards Preeta.

Shrishti: Di..Karan sir aapse baat krna chahte the shayad..

Preeta: Iss baat se farq hi kya pdta hai shrishti kii woh kya chahta hai..Krta toh woh kuch aur hi hai..

Karan heard this and stopped at his place. She smiled at Shrishti pretending she didn't care, she was fine. Shrishti wasn't convinced but smiled for her happiness. She sidehugged Preeta. Both went inside.

Karan took his steps back and turned. A lone tear rolling down his cheek not even screaming its presence but silently telling that there was pain, a kind of pain that wasn't letting him die and wasn't letting him live.

Preeta changed her clothes and laid on bed trying to sleep. Karan was drinking sitting on bonnet of his car thinking about her. Preeta was continously turning sides. Sleep was far away from her eyes.

She sat on her bed hugging her knees. It was good that Shrishti wasn't in the room else she would be worried seeing her state again. She thought of Karan.

Karan(cupping her face): Hey Babydoll.. Don't cry..

Preeta(in tears): Sab meri wajah se hua hai..

Karan: Kuch tumhari wajah se nhi hua hai..Tum mere liye kabhi kuch bura kr hi nhi skti..Chlo smile..

Preeta smiled remembering their friendship, her pride. She held her mangalsutra.

Karan(angry): Sab jhooth tha..Sach toh yeh hai kii nafrat krta hu tumse..

Preeta(crying): Karan tum mazak..

Karan: Nhi Preeta Arora Nhi..Mazak toh ab tumhari zindagi hogyi hai..

Preeta's smile turned into a bitter one, a tear escaping her eye. It was like a nightmare, the person whom she valued more than her life destroyed everything, it was the worst nightmare of her life and she was living it everyday, every second.