Deterioration

12

15th of February.

Markus

I honestly can't believe this. It's almost inhumane, is what it is.

"Why are we being dragged into the freakin' cinema, when it's such a beautiful day outside?" I bitch to Daria, who's valiantly fighting the urge to whack me.

"Mark, it's Eli and Heath's third date, and they invited us along for the ride." She snarls at me as we stand in the ticket line. Then her expression becomes playful, "Although I don't think well be joining them for the ride afterwards." She adds.

"What do you mean?" I say, looking down at her.

"Well, you know the saying, third date means sex..." She splutters, her face suddenly bright red. The line inches forward.

"And how many dates have we been on?" I shoot back, more cautious than anything.

"Too many to count babe." She responds, and hugs me tight. I hug her back.

"Hey you two, what are you doing there?" A voice hits me, and I turn to see Heath and Eli, hand in hand, standing alongside the crawling ticket line. Heath waves four tickets under my nose, and I draw back instinctively.

"You really think we wouldn't shout the tickets for you?" Eli states, flicking quickly at the large bang of hair that obscures the right half of her face. It immediately resumes it's prior positions.

"Dude, you're a lifesaver." I blurt, and I duck under the rope and out of the line. Daria quickly follows.

We make our way down to the main theater area, and once again, i lose sight of Eli and Heath. "How many times can a couple like that go off and have a grope before someone sends in Search and Rescue to find them?" I moan to Daria.

"We do it a lot too, you know." She responds slyly, and I give up my search. After about ten minutes of waiting around, we decide to move off to the cinema door. Upon finding it open, we quickly make our way up to the seat. Luckily the ads at the start of the movies were still going. We sit down and watch, still waiting for the lusty couple to show up. Five minutes into the start of the movie, the duo rush into the cinema, panting hard and red faced.

I stare at them, horrified. "Where the hell have you two been?"

They exchange a glance. "We forgot to get sweets, so we ran quickly to the supermarket down the streets and bought some for the movie." Eli explains in a hush tone, holding up numerous bags of lollies and chocolates.

"Yeah right, talk about the third date..." Daria whispers to me, and I howl with laughter. After several loud and angry shushes from the rest of the audience, I manage to get my mirth in check. Up on screen, the movie title flashes finally, and the action erupts on screen. It's not a bad movie, if I'm honest. Some hotshot lawyer from America gets caught up in a conspiracy to bring about the end of the world, and right now he's getting seduced by some Russian counteragent. It was a real thrilling movie, and having Daria cuddled up so close to me made it twice as good.

Around the midpoint of the movie, I start to feel hungry. I look away from the movie for one second, and instantly regret my hunger. Heath and Eli are wrapped around each-other, making out madly in the semidarkness of the cinema. I almost gag, which catches Daria's attention.

"What's wrong babe?" She asks worriedly. I point her towards the two. She instantly starts to laugh, but manages to keep it under her breath.

"I'd much have a Five Nights marathon in the dark then have those two make out beside me." I state, and I throw an empty drink cup at the couple. It smacks Eli on the side of the head, and she surfaces quickly, gasping at the same time.