10

Tony

Clint and Nat had picked up Peter. Normally I would've asked Happy but he was in Europe right now. So when they walked out of the elevator I was honestly surprised by their stupidity.

-Tony we gotta talk, Nat said seriously.

-Everyone can be forgetful. It's no big deal. But you're explaining to Peter how you forgot him at school, I said.

-What? No! He crawled jumped to the vents as soon as we stopped the car, Clint answered.

-You serious?

-Yeah. And there's something you should know, Clint said.

-Alright, I'm listening.

Peter

I entered my room through the vent and made a quiet landing on my bed. I looked around and closed the vent. Then I grabbed my backpack and started putting on my Spider-Man suit. When it was on I opened my window.

-Hey Friday!

-Yes Peter?

-If the others wonder where I am. Just tell them I went out on patrol.

-Sure thing

I smiled and swung of. Both Friday and Karen were such good A.I's. You could actually talk to them. Not like that Siri app. I even hacked my own phone to put Karen in there. Which was much more helpful. I swung through NYC and automatically headed towards Queens. What can I say? It was my home and I needed to protect it.

.....

I had stopped a robbery, helped an old lady pass the street, helped a snake in a tree and saved people from a burning building. Now I was changing into my "Peter clothes" in an alley. After that I put my suit in my backpack and ran across the street to Mr. Delmar's shop. I entered and looked around a bit. It's been a while. After May's death I was to upset to come here. A part of me still am. But I can't stop living.

-Next! Mr. Delmar's enthusiastic voice yelled.

I waited for the woman in front of me in the line to move before I stepped forward. Mr. Delmar was taping on the cash register and putting in the money.

-And what do you want? Mr. Delmar asked still taping on the cash register.

-A hello would be nice, I said.

Mr. Delmar looked up in shook. His whole face light up when he saw me. All it took was a few seconds before he had come out from behind the counter to hug me. I hugged him back and I realized I had missed him a little bit.

-Oh it's been so long. Where've you been? You had us all worried, Mr. Delmar said.

-I've had some....family and living issues, I answered.

-Oh what about May?

-She um....she was in a car accident..... didn't make it

-No....come here, Mr. Delmar said and hugged me again.

He hugged me for a while before he let go again. Then he held up a warning finger and looked me straight in the eyes.

-Peter listen to me. You've been through some shit and you've probably cried like shit. But you're getting back up. You know why? Because you're a guerrero. And guerreros like you get free sandwiches.

-For real!?

-Only this once. I know you Peter. And I know you wouldn't lie about something like this, Mr. Delmar said and went back behind the counter.