Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Alright, so I only know of two others who have been with Jared. Actually, I know the name of one of them, but I know that the other has auburn colored hair sort of like copper- hey Mandy? Hello? Are you even listening to me?" I asked irritatedly.

Mandy turned to look at me."What? Huh? Oh right, yeah."

"Right, uh huh, what was I talking about?"

"Oh, uhm, Make-up? Dresses?"

"Yeah, well maybe you'd know what I was talking about if you were actually paying attention instead of drooling over Dylan." I stated.

"Shh, I was not drooling over him!" Mandy retorted.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look out of the car window. "Likely story."

Mandy and I were seated in the backseat of Dylan's car as we waited parked at a gas station while Dylan filled his car's tank with gas.

Even though it was very late at night, Dylan kept his promise. He came to my rescue and handled the whole police station issue like a good big brother. He was even nice enough to give Mandy a ride. I knew that I was totally going to have to pay up for his niceness.

Unfortunately, Mandy took a huge liking to Dylan and now while I tried to go over plan ideas on the whole finally exposing Jared thing, she can't take her eyes off of him.

I turned away from the car window to look back at her and surely enough she was staring at Dylan with this lovesick look in her eyes. So help me God.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Not that I know of."

Mandy's smile got bigger. "I love that sweater that he's wearing. That shade of blue just makes his eyes pop, you know? And the way that he wears it, you know with the sleeves rolled up, shows that he has this great style. And his sneakers are too cool. He's so cute. And his hair, oh God, his hair."

I sighed. "You're drooling again."

Mandy playfully shoved me. "I'm just admiring, Kaitlyn."

We both looked at each other after her remark and bursted out laughing. She's head over heels for him. It's pretty gross and sweet at the same time.

Despite our totally different personalities, Mandy and I get along pretty well. It's a surprise to me, but definitely a good thing since we'll be working together.

"Wait, shhh, shhh, he's coming, he's coming!" She whispered frantically as she fluffed up her blonde curls.

I laughed which earned me a swat on the arm from her.

We watched as Dylan strolled to the car and quickly climbed in. He started the ignition and expertly pulled out of the gas station.

"Alright, well I'm starving so we're going to stop and get some food. I'm not going to ask if it's alright with you guys because it's my car and I'm driving, so obviously what I say goes, Kay?"

Mandy giggled and I rolled my eyes. "Dylan, it's super late. Can't you just make a sandwich at home or something?"

"Uh, no? And quit complaining, didn't I just not to long ago, get you out of being arrested?"

I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head.

"Well, didn't I?"

"Fine," I grumbled. "Go wherever you want."

"That's what I thought, Kait."

"You have a really cool car," Mandy said abruptly changing the subject. "It's like, so hot."