Chapter 1 - Starting of a new Journey

Dedicated to @Readingchocolate

Cheers for this new book. J

Chapter 1 Starting of a new Journey

Hopping out of the cab, I’m greeted by the cruel cold wind. It must be around 9 pm. I dig in my sling bag to pull out my phone and it reads 9:02 pm. I’d have been here earlier if my parents haven’t made a scene again on moving out.

Sighing I looked around.

‘This place is so cold’ I pulled a face rubbing my hands together to get some sort of warmth. No wonder there is hardly any living creature outside the campus apart from the guards I met at the entrance gate of Alistair University. Poor guys were trying hard not to shiver and look intimidating to me.

Ha-ha, like I’m here to rob them or the college funds.

Mesmerizingly I watched the tall building of university in north direction to the hostel building where I currently am.

‘Can’t wait for tomorrow!’ I grinned excitedly to myself.

Wrapping the grey hoodie tightly around me, I politely asked the driver to help me pull my luggage from the trunk.

The driver must be in his early 60s and I felt guilty for asking him this but he helped me anyways. Thank god, otherwise I don’t know how I would have managed to pull all this whale sized things. I always despised those girls who carry everything in their home even for a two day trip but now I can understand their situation.

But hey no one can blame me for judging them. They usually take two travelling suitcase for a two day trip while I’m having two suitcases, a duffel bag, a backpack and a sling bag to move out of my house though I left some things back at home.

Entering the elevator with the cab driver, I punched the button for 13th floor. Apparently I’ve made a call to the admission department during day informing them my delayed arrival and grabbed necessary information from them like my room number, floor, etc. and the guards had given me key to my room.

The elevator opened with a ‘ding’ sound indicating we’ve reached the 13th floor.

“Now to B-wing, room number 13B5” I told the old driver reading the details from my phone, who only nodded in return. We take turn to the corridor which has an arrow saying ‘wing B’.

The driver’s carried two suitcases and a duffel bag while I’ve my backpack and sling bag which have my money, important documents and other essentials.

“13B1

13B2

13B3

13B4…..

…..13B5!  Oh here we’re” I said with a goofy smile and pulled out the room key from my pocket.

I knocked on the door to let my roomie know I’m barging in. It doesn’t feel nice to invade someone space suddenly. If there’s any one inside at all!

I just inserted the key in his lock when a loud howl echoed through the corridor. Startled I dropped the key. I know I’m acting nervous but this is the first time I’m out on my out. Scratch that, its first time I’m out.