25

I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. It was the next day from my incident with Hudson. He didn't mean it, and I know he didn't.

I stood in my bra and bottom part dressed. There were bruises on my shoulders and part of collarbone. I sighed and just finished getting dressed.

I knocked on Andrea's door and walked in.

"Hey." I simply said.

She sat at her vanity, staring at herself in the mirror.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. She was in her uniform today and her hair was done.

"Not good... Not good at all." She turned around and looked me in the eyes. "But I'll get through it." She faintly smiled, the pain flowing from her face.

"We're going to be late." I motioned for us to leave and she followed me out of the room.

- -

"Everything will be okay, Andrea. He's an asshole, and we all believed him." Bailey tried to comfort her as we walked down the hallway.

"He doesn't deserve you." Dylan chimed in.

"Thanks guys. I'm just really hurt and don't want to talk about him, okay?" She gave a fake smile and they both nodded.

In coincidence, Joshua was walking down the opposite side of the hallway alone, and Andrea and him looked at each other's eyes; pain showing in both pairs. Andrea turned her head to the floor and kept walking with us.

The first bell rang and that signaled for five minutes before first period.

"I'll catch up with you guys later." I waved goodbye and walked to my locker.

Hudson stood there, as always, with a smile painted on his face.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and I smiled back.

"These, are for you." He pulled out a box of chocolates, and my jaw dropped since they were my favorite kind.

"You got me Ferrero Rochers!" I smiled and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tightly.

"I just thought I should apologize with food after yesterday." He broke the hug.

"Hudson, it's okay. It was an accident." I gave a sympathy smile.

He looked down at my body and gave a weird look.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Why is your skirt so short?"

I looked down to my skirt and then back to his face.

"What do you mean? It's always this length." I put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't need anyone looking at you weird. You're not a slut."

"I know I'm not." I began to feel self-conscious about my skirt and pulled it down a bit.

"That's better. I'll catch up with you later." He kissed my lips quickly then walked away.

I stood there looking in my locker for awhile longer, thinking.

He never said anything about my skirt until now.

The bell rang, dragging me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my books and walked to my first period.

- -

"Hey Brynn. I haven't talked to you in forever." Arabella said as we sat in class.

"I know right. It feels like years." We both laughed.