The fairest of them all

Aegon

When Jon had arrived in Sunspear and didn't see Daenerys among the Sand he had been a bit worried if something happened to her but it was the next morning when Oberyn said that she was not doing well that truly upset Jon. He wanted to go and see her but he knows this wasn't his home, he needed an excuse for it, if his father did not payed a visit yet neither could he.

Martells castle was quite amusing to Jon, the design of the keep itself and its interiors were far from any other keep in Westeros. The castle walls were sand washed, but the interior of the buildings were a feast of colorful tiles in endless geometrical shapes. One could wonder inside them for hours and never get bored of the walls covered in tiles or of the dome ceilings sculpting wildlife and fantastic beasts on one hall or replicating night sky and star movements in the others. When it came to his room it was spacious had a big wall painting in the ceiling of Princes Nymeria landing in Dorne with her thousand ships. Jon wondered if his accommodation in that particular room was intentional but he liked it though this one wasn't close to hers not even on the same floor.

The prince had been so happy to see her well in the kitchen but had turned fast to sadness and disappointment when he understood it was just a lie she didn't wanted to meet him, any of them, to the point she was leaving. Such an idiot he had been, thinking that she might be slightly attracted to him. She doesn't want me he thought. Everyone wanted and desired him, he was the prince, something he hated and something that buzzed him a lot. What if...one day? I am nothing... I have nothing... Would anyone stand by me than?

The disturbing thought was in his mind for years, and he had always known that woman wanted him for its status and he doubted that half of them would be interested in him if he'd be a commoner same as he doubted if half of his friends would still be his friends. This time it was different, he craved her attention even if it meant to be fake, he'd gladly accept to be wanted for being a prince and not for what he was just to be wanted but in the coming days he had understood he wasn't having any of that. In fact he wasn't having nothing at all.

The sands had been shooting daggers with their eyes the first few days but had seen quite friendly with Viserys and they never stopped giggling and whispering to each other. Father had warned him for that. Lyanna's son wouldn't be very loved in Dorne and he wasn't very surprised but since the feast Nymeria and Tyene specially had been much more friendly a bit more friendly that he'd have preferred actually.

He had been with his father in many places in most of the kingdom, everywhere they went to feasts that were held in their honor but nothing like this. Martells had spared nothing. The food seemed to never end and wine flowed like rivers, singers and dancers spiced the feast and... courtesans... a lot of courtesans. Dornish Lord had not missed the chance to come and meet the king some had brought their daughters with the prospect of a marriage. Jon wouldn't deny some of the maidens were a rare view to behold but his senses yearned something else, and there she was... His eyes lit up when he saw Daenerys entering the hall she had worn a simple blue gown quite conservative with a sneak peak at her chest. Different from her sisters and the daughters of the dornish lords present. She hadn't dolled up at all no makeup and only two simple braids, yet she was the fairest of them all. He noticed she didn't lack the manners just as he noticed that she had changed behavior towards him. She had been nice and kind their first two meetings but now as his father introduced them she was distant to him. As if that wasn't enough Viserys seemed more than determined to go for her. "You meet her and you did nothing?! What a loser... I'd have pinned her down already if I were you...you really don't know how to hit on woman, do you?" Said Viserys. She is not like other women, but he said something else. "We are here for an alliance Uncle! Without an accord being set yet, is foolish to hit in any of them. One will become your bride but others will be your in law sisters"