She Kills Things

Steven noticed things weren't quite right. It started small - brand new light bulbs would go out with a loud POP! Then the fridge would shut itself off for hours, spoiling the goods inside. Then the TV would show whatever it wanted to - you couldn't choose.
But soon it stopped being just the electronics in his house. The trees in his backyard, well they all seemed to be inflicted with a mysterious illness that could not be identified. It started at the roots, killing the trees at their very life source. They would rot and decay within hours of being infected. Little did Steven know, the dead trees were only the beginning.
The problem began to spread. The disease and electrical problems soon began to affect the neighbours. The smell of death was everywhere. It was disgusting. The stinking dead trees could not even be used as some sort of manure because the fumes they released were extremely toxic. Upon inhalation of this sour odour, one would become inflicted with a depression so dangerously dark, it could drive you to suicide.
Steven knew people would start dying soon. He couldn't help though. It was much too late. If only he'd paid attention to her threats and listened to her screams. The girl in his basement was long dead, her bones left to decay in a shallow grave beneath his house. But even from her grave, she kills things.