Don't Move

Bella pulled her blanket over her head, whimpering. The room was dark, and flashes of lightning outside haphazardly threw menacing shadows against the inner walls of her room every now and then. The seven year old girl just wanted her mommy but her mommy told her she was old enough to sleep in her own room.
The door began creaking.
Bella cautiously peeled her blanket back just enough to barely see outside. A hand held onto the door, bony and pale white.
She wanted to cry, but for some reason, she felt like she needed to pull her blanket back into position and then freeze. Don't breathe. Don't look. Don't move.
Lightning flashed again, and Bella saw a shadow moving past her blanket. The creature made unearthly noises, creaking as it walked, bones popping and teeth chattering.
She tried her very best to not move or make any squeaks. Eventually the creature left her room. When she heard the door shut once more, she finally let out the breath she had been holding, but she wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to move from her position until the sun graced her with its light.
When morning came and the storm subsided, Bella got up finally to go get some cereal for breakfast. She needed her mom to get it from the top shelf for her, though, so she went ahead to get her.
What a shocking sight to see, as Bella's mouth fell agape. Her mother lay mutilated and quite dead upon her reddened bedsheets.
The little girl ended up dying of fright.
The creature from that stormy night had achieved its goal.