Chapter One

Jorge's POV

It's funny how one person can completely change your mood. How one person can make a terrible day into one that was just okay. How one person can make your heart overflow with love and happiness.

It's also funny how that same person can completely destroy your life. How they snake their way into your yeah heart and you give them all your love, and then they leave. And they tell you that you aren't good enough anymore. And they replace you.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start from the beginning.

***

I shifted nervously in my chair, waiting for the knock on my door i've been excited for all week.

Today was the day I would finally meet Benji. I still couldn't believe that any minute now, I would open my door and see the boy I love standing in front of me.

Ever since I talked to him for the first time I think I knew he would be someone special in my life. Now, not only was he someone special, he was the most important person in my life. I don't know what I would do if I lost him.

We started off as friends, talking occasionally. Then, as time went on, we talked more and more. We started talking every day and face-timing as often as we could. It made me the happiest I had been in a while.

Benji was the first to confess how he felt, and my love for him just grew after that. Every time I think I love him as much as I possibly could, I end up loving him more and more.

I heard a knock. Immediately, I jumped up from my chair and bolted to the front door, trying to contain my emotions.

I put my hand on the door handle and took a deep breath.

Slowly, I opened the door, revealing Benji, standing there with a nervous smile holding a bouquet of flowers.

I couldn't believe this was real. I launched myself into his arms, causing him to drop the flowers, but neither of us cared.

As we hugged each other, I felt tears come to my eyes. I was a very emotional person, especially when it came to Benji, so it was no surprise I was starting to cry.

I gripped the back of his sweatshirt as he wrapped his arms around my waist, squeezing me against him. I felt the warmth radiating off of him, and for the first time in quite a while, I felt safe.