Chapter Eleven

The door started to crack open and I couldn't contain the smile growing on my face. I had brought him flowers, just like he did for me, and I held them in one hand and my suitcase in the other.

The door opened fully and instead of seeing Benji, I saw a girl standing there, confused.

She had long, wavy black hair, greyish-blue eyes, and freckles decorating her cheeks. She was really pretty.

"Uh... what do you need?" She asked me, her face twisted in confusion as she took in my suitcase and the flowers in my hand.

I assumed she was one of Benji's friends. "Who are you?" I asked, just to make sure. Maybe I just had the wrong address.

Then, I heard Benji's voice from another room of the house as he walked toward the door.

"Babe. Who is it?" He asked.

Babe? What the hell?

Benji came into view, shirtless and buckling his jeans, and he walked over and slung an arm over the girl's shoulder before looking to me.

The realization struck.

My mind went foggy and the flowers I was holding dropped out of my hand. I felt like I couldn't breathe. A lump formed in my throat and tears stung my eyes.

I could faintly hear Benji saying my name, but I was too dazed to respond. So, I did the only thing that came to my mind- I ran.

I didn't even bother grabbing my suitcase, I couldn't think straight. I heard Benji's footsteps behind me and the words, 'Jorge, I'm Sorry!' being repeated over and over again.

I tripped on a rock and tumbled into the grass. I couldn't get up. I just curled myself into a ball and willed myself not to start crying harder.

I felt Benji's warm touch on my arm and finally, I could focus again. I sat up abruptly and slapped his hand away, looking angrily at his guilty face.

"Fuck you, Benji. Go to hell." I stood up to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

"Baby, let me explain," he pleaded.

The tears started to fall harder. I glared at him. "Don't fucking call me that," I choked out.

"I was just- I was just so lonely without you, Jey!" His eyes looked so apologetic, but there was no way in hell I was going to trust him again.

"Benjamin." I held in a sob. "I told you to fuck off! Leave. Me. Alone!"

"You think I wasn't lonely?!" I continued. "You think I didn't miss you with every cell in my body?! I did! But I didn't fucking cheat!"

I didn't hear what he said next because another realization hit me.

"Oh my god," I whispered. "That day when I got out of the shower and saw you texting someone, it wasn't your mom." My voice raised as I continued. "It was that bitch!" I spat.

"She's not a bitch." He mumbled.

This time, I couldn't hold in the sob. "Y- your seriously defending her to me? You told me you loved me!" I started to shake violently, despite it not being cold at all outside.
"You fucking told me you loved me!"

"I do love you, Jorge, I-"

I cut him off my slapping him across the face, hard. "No you don't. If you loved me you wouldn't have cheated. How long has it been going on anyways? Huh?"

He mumbled something as he held his cheek.

"What? I didn't catch that."

"Two months," he mumbled again.

I thought I heard that correctly, but I really hoped I hadn't.

"Repeat that," I said, shakily.

"Two months," he repeated, louder now.

"Unbelievable." I walked toward the front door to grab my suitcase, but after that, I didn't plan to see Benji again.

* * *

ohhhh shitttt! 😮

Sorry I did that to you guys. I just didn't really want to write a story with a happy ending. Don't give up on me yet, though.

Don't hate me please. The story isn't over yet, so please don't abandon me just yet.