Chapter Seven

I had managed to mostly forget about what had happened that morning, and had realized that I just overreacted. He was probably telling the truth. He had never lied to me before.

     We had taken a walk and it started unexpectedly raining. Being what any normal teenagers would do while stranded in pouring rain with no umbrellas would do, we danced in the middle of the street. Because, why not?

We were soaking wet, wet hair plastered to out face, but we were still laughing and having a good time jumping through puddles. I felt like a little kid again.

I felt carefree, like any problem that was weighing on my mind the days before had washed away, and the only thing left in the world was Benji and I, dancing in the rain.

What started as dancing through puddles and splashing each other turned into slow dancing in the middle of the street with no music.

I laid my head on Benji's shoulder and closed my eyes, finally relaxing for the first time today. Feeling Benji's warmth as he held me tightly, swaying us both side to side, made me realize there was no chance Benji had lied to me that morning.

He would never cheat on me. And that was a fact.

* * *

Once we finally got tired, we went home and arrived soaked from head to toe. We slipped off our shoes in the entrance to my house, then trudged up the stairs, our wet clothes weighing us down and wet socks squeaking on the wood floor.

Benji was meant to leave in an hour, and I was no where near ready for that. We were used to being apart, but actually being with him in person made me realize how terrible it was to live 5 hours apart.

I mean, obviously we had both realized it before, but it wasn't like there was anything we could do about it. We were both finishing high school, still living with our families. But now we could do something about it.

I didn't know when it would happen, but I couldn't wait to move in with Benji.

I couldn't wait to wake up every morning and see his beautiful face next to me. I couldn't wait to fall asleep in his grasp, safe and warm. It would be amazing.

"Jorge." I broke out of my thoughts to see Benji waving a hand in front of my face. "Hey," he laughed. "Where'd you go?"

My face twisted in confusion. "Huh?"

"You zoned out...? What were you thinking about?"

"Oh," I blushed. "I was just thinking about how great it'll be when we move in together." I looked down at my hands.

He put his hand on my chin and lifted it so I was looking at him. "It will be great, won't it?"

He smiled and kissed me slowly and softly. How did I get so lucky to have a boyfriend like him?

* * *

Sorry this was kinda bad and short, but the next one will be longer and better. :)