Her Physical Pain

"Lock the door," Mark said sternly when the last of the students walked out of the door. 

"I'm going to be late," Madison whispered when she heard the click of the door. It was the only excuse that came to mind. For some reason, the thought of being alone in a room was and was not something she desired.

"I'll write you a pass," Mark barked back.

"Your students will be late."

"They'll be excused."

"They're-" But before Madison could finish her sentence, a hand snaked their way around her waist, holding her firmly against Mark's hard chest.

"Just shut up," Mark whispered. His mint watermelon scent filled her nostrils. It burned in a way that felt great. She stayed there, her mouth tightly closed.

And they were back to no talking but instead of keeping distance, Madison was pressed against Mark's chest while Mark paid attention to their height difference. He buried his nose in her hair, sniffing the strawberry scent.

Her shoulders slacked while she placed a hand on his chest, feeling the warmth radiate. Madison needed to ask him now.

"I really am sorry about last night," she mumbled into his chest. That's when the bubble burst. They were no longer in a trance where Mark was just hugging his student intimately. Mark realized what he was doing, what they were doing. His arms unwrapped off her waist and he pushed her off him as if she was some kind of disease.

Madison lost her balance, hitting the small of her back against a wooden desk. She groaned in pain. There would definitely be a bruise there later. Tears pooled her eyes, not because of the pain, but because of who caused it.

Her long lashes fanned out as her eyed met his. They showed guilt but she couldn't see much of it. Her vision was blurred from the salty tears she was trying to push back.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered softly. Her long slender finger wiped the tear that slipped then she made her way to the door.