Chapter 4

We drove for about 15 minutes through London. It is very beautiful but I want to see Big Ben. Unfortunately tomorrow is my first day of school and I won't have time for a little tour through this beautiful city. Some of the buildings still have an old style vibe which I really enjoy. Dad stopped near a beautiful vintage apartment with only three floors. It's not tall but it has it's own charm to it. Small fence with sharp ends surrounded it. It felt like I'm in a movie or something like that. London is very different compared to the city where I live with my mother. I was so preoccupied staring at this apartment that I haven't noticed that my dad exited the car to open the passenger door for me.

"Do you like what you see?" he motioned towards the house .

" Yeah.. I.. I'm pretty impressed" I answered with a trembling voice. What's going on? What happened to my voice?I cleared it with a little cough " Since when do you have it?" still asking with a weak voice.

" I bought it a year ago, closer to my work" he opened the trunk and took my suitcases and I took out the shopping bags. 

" Why do you need it closer to your work if you have a car? It shouldn't be a problem for you." I looked at his car with a smile.

"I didn't buy my car only to drive to work" he gave me a small smile, he blocked the car and went straight to the front door typing a code on a small screen near it.

" What's that?" he didn't look at me and opened the door.

" Every apartment has it's own code, in order to enter this building you should type the code. It's for a better security" he closed the door behind us and headed to the stairs. The halls where pretty damn good with white stairs and beautiful painted walls. I was silent the whole time but still weird thought didn't want to leave my head. I've never saw dad's new wife in real life and their daughter who is approximately 5 years, now I know why he didn't visit me cause he was preoccupied with his new "baby doll". Is this jealousy ? Hell yeah! I'm jealous that my dad had another family, anger started to gather in me. Thoughts that he left my mom and I just couldn't leave my head.

"We're here" my dad's voice took me out of my thoughts. He opened the door and let me step first into the apartment. It was huge. Everything was white with brown floor. The living room was the first thing I saw. Black and large TV was standing on the wall in front of a gray couch and black journal table. The couch was decorated with small colorful pillows that made the interior of the room even prettier. The light was coming from three big wooden windows painted as well with white and covered with white louvers. The room was filled with big flowers that were perfect placed in the corners of the room. 

"Holly cow" I mumble to myself

"Holly cow" I mumble to myself. I can't believe I'll live her for the entire year but that's not even the whole house.

" Do you like it?" he asked me with a concern in his voice.

" I'm shocked and yes I like it...a lot" he laughed at my shocked face.

" I'm happy to hear this." we both smiled to each other when I heard the tapping of the heels hitting the wooden floor of this beautiful room.

" Welcome home"a voice with a deep British accent came from a blonde woman, who is approximately the same age as my dad. " I'm very happy to finally meet you" she opened her arms to give me a hug.Squeezing me tightly, I tired not to gasp because of the pain caused by her watch pressing against my spine. I'm not gonna lie her actions left me a little shocked and not to look rood or anything I hugged her back. After pulling away she looked me right in the eyes with a big smile " You're so beautiful" she told me still smiling"Now I'll have two daughters" she sighed, now stroking my cheeks.

" Thank you, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Jessica, you look very beautiful,too" I tried to respond to everything that she told me before. 

" Oh please call me Jessica, 'Mrs.' is too formal" she spoke as taking my shopping bags from the floor and kissing dad on the cheek. Ugh.

" Mommy!" another voice was coming from the hall. A little girl with golden curly hair appeared in the living room. She was yawning and rubbing her eyes with her tiny hands.

" Oh honey you're awake" Jessica said as approaching her daughter. She took the girl in her arms. " Did you sleep well?" she asked her daughter and she nod. " Emily  this is your elder sister, Amelia" Emily still was kind of sleepy but she gave me a little smile. She looked like her mother, blonde hair and blue eyes no one would tell that we're sisters even if we are  from different mothers. I have hazel eyes and brown hair like my mom and dad except my mom has brown eyes." Amelia, you must be tired, your father will show you your room." dad took my luggage and I went after him towards my new room. 

When he opened the door my jaw dropped. Someone please help me to gather it from the floor or I'll step on it. "Wow" I said with my voice full with shock" It's...It's beautiful ,dad!" he put my luggage on the floor. The walls were painted with navy color,my favorite color. In the middle of the room there was a big bad with black and gold color frame, light blue sheets were covering it. Three small pillows were situated in the middle of the bed, two were pinkish color and the bigger one was fluffy and gray. Two small white wooden nightstands with small candles on them and lamps with the shape of a light bulb were placed on both sides of my bed. There was only one big window covered with white blinds. On the left side of the room there was a tall mirror wardrobe that reflected my it. Above my bed there were five paintings that caught my attention, I always was a fan of paintings, I even went to art school for three years but I quit going cause it was too boring for me.

 Above my bed there were five paintings that caught my attention, I always was a fan of paintings, I even went to art school for three years but I quit going cause it was too boring for me

" I decided to paint the walls with navy color cause you told me that's your favorite" I smiled to the fact that he remembered this.

" It's beautiful, and what's that?" I motioned to a box that was placed on my bed wrapped with a pink paper with a bow on top of it.

" It's a gift for you, I'm sure it'll come in handy" he winked at me " I'll let you unpack, dinner will be ready soon" 

" Thank you,dad" he nod and left my room. I quickly took the box and started unwrapping the paper from it. As soon as I opened the box I saw a MacBookPro. " Oh..My God!" I can't believe it. I have a macbook and it's new. It was 12 inch,space gray MacBookPro from 2018. "OMG,OMG,OMG!!!" I started dancing and clapping my hands like a little kid. I turned on my brand new laptop. It was like a dream come true. I couldn't believe my eyes. I called my mom to tell her that I'm ok and told her every single news, I even took a picture of my room and laptop. After hanging the call I started to unpack all my stuff and put it in my closet, I prepared my backpack and my uniform for tomorrow's day when a slight knock was heard on my door. "Come in"

"Amelia,dinner is ready" Jessica told me with a small smile.

" Ok, thank you" she closed the door and headed to the kitchen.I was very hungry and I didn't wait any longer and went after her.