Chapter 16 ~ Mixed feelings

The rest of the day I spent in my room. I really didn't feeling like doing anything. It's like a battle going on inside me of who I love. I can't love both Levi and Jake. That'd just be wrong, for them and me.

I laid on my bed facing the wall until I heard a knock on the door. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't answer it. Another knock came and then I heard keys jiggling. My door opened and then closed again.

"Emma." Erwin. "How are you feeling?" I brought my knees into my chest.

"I don't know." I answered. He came closer and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Levi told me what happened." He said. "So, how are you feeling?" He repeated.

"I'm just confused."

"How so?"

"I thought I was happy with Jake and moved on from Levi, but just being reunited again, my feeling for Levi have started resurfacing." I honestly told him.

"So you're in love with both of them?" I nodded. "Well let me tell you, both Jake and Levi care about you a lot, I believe they would both give their life for you. They love you so much, but you're going to have to choose one of them."

"I just feel like an awful person. I'm basically cheating on Jake and I already told Levi a while back that I was over him, only to find out now that that's not true." Erwin picked me up and held me to his side, giving me a hug.

"You're not an awful person, Emma. You just need to find out what your true feelings are. It'll be hard, but you're going to have to make a choice." I nodded and hugged him back.

"Thank you, Erwin." I gave a small smile.

"You're welcome." He smiled back.

A choice...

Levi...

or Jake?