Chapter 5 ~ Sorry

"Mmmhh!!" I tried to scream but a hand was covering my mouth. The person had an arm around my waist and pulled me into a room. I tried to pry their hands off of me but it was no use. They were too strong. "Hey, it's just me." The person said. That voice...

"Levi?!" I pulled his hand away from my mouth. "What are you doing?!"

"I needed to talk to you." He answered all too calmly.

"So you decided to make me think that I was being kidnapped?!" I exasperated.

"Sorry?" He scratched the back of his head. "But I do need to talk to you."

"About what?" What's this all about?

"Us."

"Levi I-"

"Please just listen." He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. "Listen Emma, I still have feelings for you. I still love you so much. It hurt me so much when we had to be separated but it hurt me even more when I saw you with Jake today."

What do I say to that? I felt so bad and looked down. I feel guilty and like a really bad person.

"I'm really sorry, Levi." I said quietly. I felt my throat start feeling closed up which meant that I'd probably start crying soon.

"Emma, is there any possibility that... we could get back together?" He asked a bit hopefully.

"Levi, I don't-"

"Please." He begged. "I need you." A silence filled the room. I didn't know what to say.

"Levi I'm with Jake now." I told him. I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes.

"I know but... do you still have feelings for me? Any at all?" Why'd he have to ask that?

"I... I don't know, Levi..." I answered honestly. "But listen, I'm with Jake right now and I can't just up and leave him like that." Levi lowered his head with his expression changed.

"I see." He said quietly and walked over to his desk.

"Levi I'm so sorry-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"It's okay, Emma. It honestly is." He said. "You should probably get going now. Jake's probably worried about you."

"Levi-"

"You should go." I lowered my head and slowly walked towards the door. I looked back at him and he was getting out his paperwork. His face was pale but also slightly red, like he was holding in tears. But he wasn't the only one.

Levi's POV

Emma slowly walked out the door and closed it behind her. Why? Why did this have to happen? A lone tear escaped my eye, bringing on plenty more. Why do they have to be together? Why do I still love her when she's with another guy? Why?

Emma's POV

I avoided the stares in the hallway and headed to my room. I shut and locked the door behind me and slid down it. I felt so guilty and like my heart was breaking into into a bunch of little pieces. I mean, I had just hurt one of my closest friends so badly and I don't even know how I feel about him. I'm so confused and overwhelmed.

I put my head in my knees and let the tears flow. What do I do? I don't know. Is Jake really the only one that I have feelings for?