Chapter 2

Bruce looked at the batcomputer.
He was frozen in place, completely unmoving.

Dick grayson stood next to him his chest bandaged, he had been attacked in Bludhaven by a talon.

Jason was also there, he had a broken arm. He had jumped in to help dick.

"I'm telling you, he can't die! I shot him in the head and he just came back from the dead and beat our asses."

"Stay here, both of you." Bruce said getting up pulling his cowl over his head.

Bruce Wayne was gone, batman was now here.

"Where are you going?"

"To find deathstroke."

Slade was easy for Bruce to find. All be had to do was follow the trail of bodies.

Slade was surprisingly fighting crime.
He had just stopped a shoot out at a motel, some drug dealers had gotten off on the wrong foot.

Bruce landed with a soft thud behind slade.

"Figured I'd see you again, Bruce Wayne."

"You want to know someting, slade?"

Slade opened his palms as if to say

I'll listen but I bet I already know what you know.

"Ryland knew my identity when he was 15." Bruce could tell that mentioning his son had thrown slade off.

"So that's why your here."

"Where is the boy slade, where have you hidden him!"

"I haven't hidden him anywhere!"

"Then why haven't I seen him in over ten years!"

"The court of owls took him on his 16th birthday, we were celebrating and also working in Bludhaven that night."

"Explain, Now!"

"Don't tell me what to do, Wayne!"

"We had a meal, then we had people to kill In Bludhaven, I wasn't with him and the court took advantage of my absense."

"They sent Talons after him." Bruce guessed.

Slade nodded his head at the bat.
"new suit looks good by the way."

Batman ignored the compliment.

"Why would the court want him!"

"The boys parents are with the court."

"He begged for my help when he was six and I saved him from being turned into a talon."

I'm the corner of his eye slade saw a familiar figure watching them both.

Bruce also saw it but gave slade a discreet look that the mercenary returned.

They kept talking. 

"I want to get the boy back slade."

"Why!"

"He came to me for help, after the joker tortured him, after I had beaten you that night, he isn't a bad kid, he deserves more than to be the courts puppet." slade agreed with the bat.

"So, a truce?" slade put his hand out for the bat to shake.

Bruce hesitated at firsts knowing better. But he figured he'd need Slades help if he was to find Ryland.

The figure dropped down landing on his knees.

"Yay! super villain landing!" the two heard him say to himself.