Chapter 9

Batman glanced at the dead talons scattered throughout the batcave, he had used a prototype Acid pellet he had based off of Renegades weapons he had found in his old utility belt that he had managed to aquire from the court later that evening to melt them down.

Not to self bruce thought as he headed up the stairs to the mannor, give Ryland back his belt.

He planned to do that of course he looked  down at the orange belt with Slades S as a logo on it , he sighed. He was going to ask the boy if he really wanted to continue as Renegade or if he wanted to create a new identity all together. He could guess the answer he'd get but decided it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Of course the talon zombies had also trashed the batcave and he would need to rebuild all the equipment but that was a small price to pay for survival.

The talons were gone, bruce spotted Ryland helping up his brothers.

"What happened?" bruce asked walking up to his children.

"I tricked myself into fighting my sister." Renegade stated like it was a regular thing that just happened to everyone.

Batman nodded though he was still confused.

He held out the boys utility belt.

"I thought you might like this back."

Ryland's eyes widened.

He looked down seeing that his belt was missing.

"I hadn't even realised i didn't have it." he said as he took the belt from bruce putting it on, the belt clicked into place and Renegade's whole outfit was completed.

"I'm going after Talon!" Renegade yelled as he sprinted off now armed to the teeth despite batmans protests.

"Renegade!" batman tried to call after him but it was too late.

The bird was gone.

The Rencycle sped throughout gotham, its orange neon lights blinding people as it drove past them.

There was a call from alfred, who thank god was alive and hadn't been harmed much in the Talon attack.

Renegade answered the call. Not wanting to make the butler think he had ran off because of nit wanting to be around the others

Even though that was somewhat the case, he had nothing agaist the bat, butler and birds. Renegade just found it hard to adapt in such a short time.

"Master Ryland, i beg of you! Return to the mannor, abandon this wild  goose chase and come home!" 

"Alfred, I'm sorry, but the mannor isn't my home, i wasn't raised there i was raised in the bunker by slade. That is my home." Renegade said as nice as he could not wishing to upset the old man.  He liked Alfred, who didn't.

He heard the man sigh.

"At least tell me where you are going."

"Bludhaven." Renegade stated like it was obvious.

"I remember seeing the building the court took me too when i was captured."

"What was it called."

"It was a building the oswald cobblepot used to own, until it was and I'm guessing here, sold by penguin and bought by the court. The building was called north refrigeration originally a cryogenics lab aiming to preserve body parts for medical perporses for extended periods of time."

"I remember north refrigeration, it was used as a front for Owswald Cobblepot to smuggle weapons into gotham from Bludhaven just a few nights ago. Master dick was looking into it as Bludhaven is his city, he and master bruce put a stop to penguins efforts a few nights ago."