Chapter 10

Nightwing looked on in horror as the entire North refrigeration building collapsed. The malitia men along with the police had long since evacuated on commissioner Gordon's orders who had been called to Bludhaven given that the malitia had once been in gotham. They said it was his case to handle when in reality it was a case for the bat to handle himself.

He spotted Renegade on a building that was a safe distance away from the skyscraper that was falling.

Sirens wailed as more police arrived to keep the area civilian free.

Nightwing dived from his vantage point. Take out the commander and the malitia will disperse. Nightwing had to take down his little brother but with all the protection he had from drones and armed soldiers he'd never get close enough to do so.

He really wished he had a batmobile right about now better yet a batwing.

Nightwing grappled over to the command station that Ryland had set up what dick guessed was days ago now.

"He's been planning this for months."
Nightwing muttered to himself in shock at what the boy who looked 16 but was actually 26 had accomplished,
All this loss of life and need for distruction fuled by a need for revenge.

He was going to bring his brother to justice, this was his city. No one messed with Bludhaven without facing nightwings wrath.

Turns out dick got lucky. Well depends if you'd class a talon attacking your target as lucky or not.

The malitia were distracted by Talons that had imerged from the rubble of the collapsed skyscraper.

Ryland ordered his troops to take them out. Saying that he would be occupied with a family matter.

Nightwing watched. His heart beating a mile a minute as Ryland glanced up at his hiding spot even when cloaked in darkness Renegades trained eyes had been able to see nightwing.

"Come out, brother." Renegade spat angrily.

Dick dropped from his perch and landed on his knees with great elegance right infront of his little brother.

Dick straightened his back and growled his eyes dangerously dark behind his mask.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" he shoved Ryland backwards aggressively.

"Getting my revenge!, grayson, what does it look like!" Renegade retorted shoving dick back even harder.

"It looks like you just brought down an entire fucking skyscraper, without giving a shit about who got hurt!"

"Because I don't!"

"You should!"

"Fuck off, grayson!"

Ryland turned away from the vigilante shouting orders to his men.
He pulled out his pistol and began to shoot the talons down one by one giving his men an easier time.

Dick grabbed his brothers hand roughly only to receive a broken nose in the process. The hard punch sent him reeling back in pain.

This caused Renegade to smirk.

"I did the same to Bruce a few years back, broke his nose to." Ryland said wistfully reminiscing about the past.

He sighed. "Good Times."

Nightwing launched himself at the younger boy ready to tear his head off. Not one member of his rogues gallery would be so care free about bringing down an entire skyscraper.

Well actually scratch that... Perhaps a few. But at least they were adults making their own decisions.

Ryland was still very much a child weather he wanted to admit it or not.
And that made it worse, he was just throwing his life away acting out a revenge fantasy.

Dick didn't get very far however.
A black group enveloped him.

He felt his skin begin to burn as he fell to the ground immobile.

"What is this!" he cried in pain.

"Acid, specially made by the court of owls. I managed to get a hold of it and manufacture my own. It won't kill you.... Yet."

"Ryland!" dick yelled desperately after the boy who was walking away.

"I know you aren't bad, not at heart. You don't want to do this." dick tried to reason with the boy but it fell on deaf ears.

Ryland walked back over to his brother and cut through the black goup freeing nightwing, only to throw a polyurethane foam pellet made created by Ryland a decade ago
cementing nightwing in place.

"I'm keeping you alive because the bounty on your head might go up fifty-five million sometime next year." Ryland growled as he stalked away.

The gun fire almost deafened nightwing as he struggled to escape. He had dealt with polyurethane foam before but never a kind that was this strong.

He watched in awe as his little brother dispatched a small army of undertrained Talons. They must have been released early to counter Rylands attack.

Was this his plan? Force the court to send out all their Talons until there's none left?

It was a serious gamble on his part.
If he had taken down the wrong building or if the court had suspected and relocated before the attack things would be very different right now.

Ryland, done with the Talons jumped from the building and headed towards the rubble of north refrigeration.

He had giant machines brought in to Remove the rubble revealing a hidden bunker entrance beneath the first floor.

Ryland forced the bunker open and Talons rushed out like water from a tap.

Thousands, that was their numbers.
Rylands army opened fire and tanks did the same spraying lethal bullets in all directions but with almost perfect aim.

There was more malitia soldiers here then dick first realised. How the hell had Ryland found so many in only three months?

The GCPD.

Loads of malitia had been locked away in there. But there was no reported prisoners missing or enough locked away to form this army.

34 Cobra drones joined the fight eliminating 7 Talons each with every shot from their main cannons and many more with their smaller mini guns.

They were also equipped with missile launchers those took out close to 20 Talons depending on how close together they were on impact.

Nightwing had lost track of Renegade.

He guessed he had entered the bunker. The hiding place of the court of owls.

In the distance a distinctive jet could be seen.

Batman had arrived.

And nightwing didn't want to admit it at first, but man, had he missed the bat's grand entrances.

-----------------------------------------------------------
End of chaoter 10