Chapter 5

"Why didn't you say anything!" Jason, tim and damian shouted once Ryland had taken off almost crying.

"And why did you talk so casually about his dad being dead!" this time it was dick who snapped at bruce.

"You wouldn't like it if Alfred did that to you!"

Bruce stood up unfazed by their reactions. "Make him feel at home when he comes back out of his room."
The boys were speachless, they'd never seen Bruce care so little.

They heard a thud above them, and down dropped Ryland, he was like a ninja,  "he'll fit in great." dick thought to himself

Ryland akwardly stood there not knowing what to do in a situation like this, he'd gotten so used to slade just knowing his emotional patterns and just comforting him when needed.

He was so taken aback when all the boys enveloped him in a group hug he couldn't even say thank you.

Having been squished to death, the four bat brothers began to plan how to get to know their new sibling.

"So, since were all heroes here, why dont we start with telling our superhero names and our real names?" tim suggested. 

"Hello, i'm Tim drake and i am the hero Red Robin."

"Jason Todd, Arkham Knight formerly, but now I'm the anti hero Red hood."

"Damian Wayne, I'm the best Robin."

"Dick Grayson, The one and only Nightwing."

"Um, i'm Ryland Wilson, and I'm the mercenary Renegade."

"Alright, introductions are over, who wants to go to the cinema Bruce owns to watch a movie?"

"Bruce owns a cinema?"

"He owns alot of things, pretty sure he has his own hotel as well."

"Slade wanted to start his own business, tech development and other engineering types of things. I told him to go for it but he never got back to me with an answer." Ryland forced himself to keep everything together.

Bruce came into the room and called on Ryland, asking to speak with him.

Bruce led the young mercenary into his study.

"Whats this about."

"slade's will, my lawyer wants to go over with what you will gain from it with you."

"What will i gain from it?"

"Everything, as listed, you will get all of his private properties ,his business Wilson industries, his life savings, and his personal belongings, it states here that you will know what those are.

It also says his vehicles are yours.

You will also get his other business. the coffee shops, the restaurants and the pharmacies."

I looked at the peice of paper that slade had scrawled onto, it was signed and dated by him i recognised his handwriting.

"Is this a holographic will?" i asked curiously Bruce's lawyer nodded his head.

"It is, why do you ask?"

It confirmed my suspicion. Slade wrote this out before going out on a mission knowing was going to die on that mission, probably from saving me....

"Out of curiosity, I've never seen a holographic one before."

"You've seen regular wills?"

"My Grandparents passed away a few years ago, i saw theirs as my brother who was a lawyer showed me it when i asked what it was." i lied sounding as honest as i could.