Chapter 1 // ohh boy

When I was younger I was never like other kids.  I never wanted dolls or to watch cartoons, I didn't like to nap time or recess.  I thought it was meaningless I wanted to get my work done and leave. I didn't see the world as all rainbows and sunshine from a young age I knew it was a bad world.  But I couldn't wait to grow up.
         Alex! "Wake up it's already 6:45."  "Just a few more minutes" I reply very groggily. I was never a morning person. Plus I was up until two in the morning trying to finish a report I had waited on till the last minute. 
          It's not like I purposely procrastinate.  With work and my brother Jason's baseball I stay pretty busy.  " you are unbelievable!"  Reply's my dearest brother.  He has every right to be mad at me.  It's game day, and if you are late to the locker room on game day before school, you don't start.  "Shit" I say under my breath before forcing my self out of bed and into the bathroom. 
             After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I run to my closet and grab a hoodie and leggings.  I wouldn't take my hoodie off all day anyways it's pretty cold out.  I grab my brush and brush my hair real quick before tying it to the top of my head
              Our apartment is a two bedroom one bathroom so my little sister and I share a room and my brother gets his own.  This is all i can afford especially in L.A.
I can hear my little sister shifting in her plastic pink bed. I gather her some clothes and start getting her dressed while she's half asleep. "Good morning princess." I say in a soothing tone. "This princess needs more sleep." Her head is dropping with her eyes half closed. I smile
I think about how innocent she is. She doesn't know that her parents were bad people who did not want her. She's not my dads kid. After my dad past away when I was 8 my mom fell off the wagon. Sleeping with guys and having meaningless sex. When I was 12 she got accidentally pregnant and I begged her to keep the baby. I told her that I would take care of him or her. I made money mowing lawns, and babysitting ,even selling clothes, and making bracelets.
After I got my sister up and ready all that was left was her hair. Grabbing a spray bottle and a brush I manage to put her horse hair in a pony tail and now we are on our way.
"Let's go guys, just grab an apple or something and eat at break." My brother rolls his eyes at he and gives me a dirty look. I'll figure out a way to make it up him.
The Los Angeles air hits my face and I shiver. It's May and it's still super cold here. We hurry down stairs to the parking lot and get in the car. We have to stop at the elementary school to drop my sister off before making our way to the high school. This isn't a small town and the schools aren't right next to each other.
Speeding into the school I park the car and get our right away opening the back door and my sister jumps out. I grab her hand and we rush to the entrance. " ok I'll pick u up at 1:45 right here , ok?" My sister is already running it the school just as the bell rings with the other kids. She gives me a slight wave before disappearing into the building.
I walk back to my car and race to school. Jason doesn't say a word to me and continues to look out the window. "I'm sorry, ok" I finally break the silence. " I was up late last night trying to get my work done and I'm just exhausted from work, I'll make it up to you." "It's ok, I understand Alex. I appreciate how hard you work so that I can even play baseball in the first place." I smile and an idea comes to my mind at how I can make it up to him. "
             "How about if I can get tickets for tomorrow's dodger game, no promises they will be great seats but it would still be fun to go. What do you say?"
              Jason's eyes light up responding " that would be great and I don't care where the seats are I just want to go and have fun." 
         "Ok I'll look during my free period and get the tickets, plus tomorrow's Friday so we get to go on the field and watch fireworks."
         We arrive to school and right before we get out of the car Jason pulls me in for a hug shocking me.  I've never been the kind of person who does good with showing emotion or getting touchy.  I hug my brother back and we go our separate ways. Dodger game here we come.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Don't mind the mistakes they will be fixed hahaha. Thank you for taking the time to read the story. I started writing this story mainly because other story's were to fast paced and super cliche. The baseball player sees the girl at her expensive dodger seats and asked her out and by chapter 6 they are married like they weren't realistic. Thank you again hope u enjoy!!