Chapter 10 // late night convos

One moment I was falling asleep in the passengers seat of cody's car pissed at the world and the next i was alone in the apartment with Steven, my dads friend.
Even after my dad died his friends still came around my mother sure didn't mind

I look around the kitchen and find Steven sitting at the table. What is he doing here? I haven't seen him in a couple years since that day.

He's walking up to me like an animal and I'm his prey. There was a time when I was. I try to step back as far away as I can and I end up against the fridge. We are only a couple inches apart and I can smell the alcohol on his breath and see the visible stubble on his chin.

"Your just asking for it now mi niña."

"Get your hands off of me." I push his hands down that found their way onto my waist.

"What did you say to me puta!" He screams In my face. I don't have time to respond before his hands fine their way around my neck. I can't breathe and I feel myself be lifted in the air. I try getting his hands off of me but I'm unsuccessful and I start to see black spots in my vision. Next thing I know

"Get your hands off me, please I won't do it again." I'm screaming crying trying to move but all I see is black.

"Hey, hey, Alex your ok your safe." I hear an awfully familiar voice coming from my left side. Is Jason with me. Please tell me Jason is here.

"Jason?" I ask between breaths

"No, it's cody sorry. You feel asleep on the way over here so I brought you up and you wouldn't let go so Jason told me to just stay."

I look down at my lap. I folded my legs underneath the blanket and I notice how close Cody and I are. My bed isn't really big it's a full size. So bigger than a twin but smaller than a queen. Cody is right next to me one leg bent upwards and one straight. He's looking right at me waiting for me to say something

"I'm sorry you had to see that. I continue to look down playing with my hands in my lap.

He gives me a small smile that I can still make out in the darkness of the room.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.
I really don't know what I'm supposed to say. How do I explain my dads friend who would sexually touch me and abuse me.

"No I'm ok." The memories from last night at the bar come back to me. I was being a bitch when all cody was trying to do is help me. Maybe I reacted that way because I'm not used to people doing things like that for me. At school I get bullied and at home I can't show it.

"I'm sorry about dinner. I was just pissed and I took it out on you. I didn't mean what I said." I finally look up to him looking at me with something in his eyes but I don't know what it is. I just know I've never had a guy look at me that way, not even Jason.

"I can go crash on the couch now that your ok." He doesn't wait for me to respond but gets off the bed and starts walking to the door.

"Wait." I say not knowing what I'm doing.
"Can you just stay with me please I sleep better knowing someone's with me." I can't believe how desperate I sound right now. This is embarrassing.

"Yea, plus I think I'm a little to tall for the couch." He laughs. That damn laugh. I just smile and scoot over. I face away from him turning to the wall. I don't know if I'm supposed to say something or what, so I turn his way and whisper "Thank you bellinger."

He gives me a smile and I turn away again into the wall and let sleep take over me.

Short chapter I know I'm sorry but there's more coming up soon!!