Chapter 11 // long nights and longer days

I wake up to a bright light shining in my face.
"Say cheese." I'm gonna kill him. He's being the annoying little brother he usually is.

I roll over cody to get off the bed straddling him for a second not on purpose but my brother was pissing me off. It's to early for this crap. I can see cody start to move knowing that we just woke him up.

I chase my brother around the small apartment when he trips on the living room floor. I take the opportunity to sit on his back and try grabbing his phone out of his hand.

"Delete that video shit face." I say while trying to grab the phone. Eventually getting the phone out of his hands I delete the video off of Snapchat, and then give it back to him.

" I already saved it." He says and gives me a smirk. I don't chase after him this time but I'll get payback. Just you wait.

I walk back into my room to find cody laying my bed on his phone "what did I miss." He all groggily.

"Nothin much just the usual morning chaos." I give his a small smile and grab my clothes to get ready for school. The usual long sleeve and black jeans. Nothing fancy I've got no once to impress.

"Did you want to take a shower?" I ask Cody

"Yeah sure that would be nice I kind of smell like alcohol." He gives me a laugh, but my face just goes red.

I start stammering "I'm so sorry I was a bigger mess than usual last night I'm just dealing with crap. I really am sorry bellinger."

"It's fine you don't have to explain your self to me I'm here if you need anything." He gives me the usual toothy grin. And I almost get lost in it again. Almost.

While cody's in the shower I go and make breakfast since today's late start I try to let my little sister sleep in some more.

I decide on some chorizo and beans. Our favorite. I see cody come back out into the kitchen after his shower.

"Here sit and I'll make you a plate." I motion to the table where Jason was sitting playing games on his phone.

"I don't know what it is but it smells really good." I smile

"Or maybe your just hungry." I kinda cut our dinner short last night

"Hey Jason wake Jordan up in a few minutes I'm gonna go take a shower." I try to escape eating without anyone noticing and I almost do but then.

"Your not going to eat?" Of course it's cody opening up his mouth.

"I usually just eat at school." Lie "I have to get ready, so I'm gonna go to that." I walk away without another comment and into the bathroom. I start to get undressed when I find a piece of paper taped on the mirror in the bathroom. It says you're beautiful. My stomach does a flip and then I smile to myself realizing who it was. My brother would never write something like that. Now if it said shit face or something that would be a whole other story and Jordan can barley spell her name.

I continue my shower thinking about the note. Then I think about why he would write it. Did he notice how I wouldn't even look in the mirror when I had my panic attack or have no self confidence. Probably not. He probably left it for whoever would find it. I'm not special.

I walk back into my room deciding that I'm not going to ask cody about the note since it doesn't matter anyways. I usually change in my room so I'm just in my towel.

I enter my room and see cody sitting on my bed tying his shoes.  He notices me in the room and we kind of just stare at each other. He looks me from head to toe but not in a way other guys have. The way he looks at me feels different.