IX: Familial Moments

The girls in fact arrived back at Alitia within an hour, just as Sophia had predicted. Luce had been tasked with carrying Tanith back, unconscious as she still was, due to her impressive physical prowess in comparison to her companions. She was somewhat worried she'd be the one to get in trouble with Zylphia because of this, but she hushed her worries the best she could.

Darkness was starting to seep in around the campus. When the girls were approached, it was by a pair of teachers with flashlights. It took a moment for Luce's eyes to adjust to the brightness before she realized she was facing down Zylphia and Alistair.

"We heard about the incident in Millennium City today," Alistair commented. Contrary to what Luce had expected, he was calm and composed. Granted, he didn't seem to be the type to simply explode in rage, but she was still choosing to take it as a positive for the time being.

"How did you get into a fight?" Zylphia asked firmly, looking to Tanith with narrowed eyes.

"A hooded man was watching us through the window of a café. When we went to investigate, he lashed out," S.M. explained despite the fact that she hadn't been present. "In case you're concerned, we weren't the aggressors."

Alistair shared a wary glance with Zylphia. "We understand," he said shortly after.

"Until the school year begins, we're keeping the students within Millennium Six boundaries. Too many incidents have been taking place. We'll decide on a resolution for this later on. For now, head up to your rooms. Curfew will be coming soon," Zylphia told them bluntly. She took a few steps towards Luce and took Tanith from her grasp. "Your schedules will be coming to your rooms in the next few days. Until then, do your best to stay safe."

Zylphia turned on her heel and headed into the school. Nobody dared to speak until she had disappeared into the building. Even Alistair was silent.

Once she was gone, Alistair turned to the seven girls. "Headmistress Satim may be acting harsh now, but she's acting this way because she cares. She found out about it through the news and was incredibly worried. She already told me she has no intent of punishing you when you were not in the wrong," he said. "She makes a point about getting to bed though. It might be best for you to head your rooms. Classes will be beginning in four days. Until then, do your best to relax."

"Does she really mean that she won't be letting Alitia students leave the Millennium Six boundaries?" S.M. asked with a frown.

"She does. Three incidents now have taken place that have endangered students of Alitia in the past three days. She is asking the other schools to crack down on security as well. The Millennium City police are also being asked to focus more on protecting students out in the city. However, it might be best to remain within the campus for the time being. It's for your safety," Alistair explained. "Until most of our students can put their magic into a usable form, it's the best course of action."

"What's going to happen with Tanith?" Helena questioned.

"Headmistress Satim is going to be watching over her personally. You have no need to worry," Alistair assured her. "Now, have a nice night. I look forward to seeing you later on. And Luce?"

Luce looked up sharply, surprised she was being addressed suddenly. "Y-Yes?" she asked, hoping Alistair hadn't picked up on how shaky her voice was.

"You should send Lianna a call. I'd rather she not find out this information on her own. She has her ways of learning these things," Alistair told her, a hint of a smile appearing on his face. He walked away, disappearing into the school just as Zylphia had minutes before.

Nobody spoke until they were sure he was out of earshot. Luce turned to the other members of the group. "It looks like our adventures are going to be much more limited from here on out," she commented with a small shrug. "It might be for the best."