XXXV: Child of Starlight and Moonlight

The next few months passed by in peace. Luce was surprised when two weeks came and went without any true issues. The Possession Master hadn't attacked at all over the course of the couple of months. Luce and her friends went to school and did their homework like was regular at school. That hadn't been their routine ever since the school year began, and it was odd to go to class like life was normal. It almost seemed like the incident with the Possession Master had never happened with how life was going on as normal. It was odd to suddenly live as regular teenagers after suffering at the hands of the Possession Master for so long.

In the end, the second half of first semester passed by in the blink of an eye. There were less than three weeks left in the first semester of their first year. Luce was getting ready for final exams alongside the rest of her dorm mates. The tests were simple recaps of all they had gone through up to this point, which meant it was nothing to get too stressed out over, but Luce still had a lot of things to check back on from the first part of the year. With all the drama involving the Possession Master, she hadn't been given the chance to fully study everything since it had taken place back when the attacks were still taking place.

Not much progress had been made over the course of these two months. October ended, and much of November passed by without any thoughts. December had begun, and it was the first week. Millennia was beginning to cool down, and while it wasn't enough to freeze anybody to death, it was enough to aggravate Luce considerably. Luce was from Amity, and Amity had never been the type of planet to get cold. It had never snowed there to her memory, meaning she was not used to the chilled Millennia. She wasn't in the mood to leave her room when it began to cold off, and she thanked Starlight she had light magic to keep herself warm.

Luce's magic was another point of note. Nothing had been figured out regarding the truth behind her magic, leaving Luce feeling unhappy and empty. All she wanted was to learn what was going on with her powers, but it didn't ever work. The research cycle had begun again to figure out what magic Luce had when not taking into account the potential of Starlight magic running through her veins.

Luce was sitting in the main room of their dorm, staring up at the ceiling. She didn't know what to put on her basic charms question. She hadn't been given much homework since finals were coming up quickly, and she had to study, but it was still enough to irritate her. With all that had happened this year, it was hard to remember what had been taught to her back when the year was still young.

"I don't like all of this studying. I want to get out and do something," Carys groaned. "We haven't been given the chance to go out into Millennium City ever since we met up with Nebula, and that was back in October!"

"It's been quite some time, but we can't really afford to sneak out and have a nice time given how much we need to study at this point. I don't really know what to tell you, Carys," S.M. told her, shaking her head. "Now, anybody know how to cast a light spell when your magic isn't based around fire or light?"

Sylvia provided S.M. an answer, but Luce didn't find herself hearing the words. She was too spaced out, and she felt like she was about to fall asleep. All this studying was tiring her out, but she didn't really have the choice to stop focusing. This was finally her chance to have a somewhat regular school life now that she didn't need to deal with the Possession Master and his attacks. She was going to have to take advantage of it, even if all she wanted to do was leave everything behind and find some damn peace after all this time.

"I don't really know what to do with all of this... There's not been enough stuff for us to do lately. I feel horrible about not having seen the Possession Master in all that time. I mean, on the other hand we finally have the chance to be free, but it's so hard for us to focus. He's still out there, and his magic is still showing us its impacts. I mean, Sylvia is still exhausted, which means she's still cursed. I feel awful because of him still being free, and we can't do much of anything about it until he shows himself," Helena murmured, shaking her head.