Descriptive Writing - Roller Coaster

(The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley, in the U.K. inspired this prompt!)

The line was loud and long, thrill seekers lined up outside the ride for a shot at a seat, in hopes the queue would disappear quickly. Faces gleamed with excitement as steps creaked under moving weight, as the people moved forward. Once inside you would follow the snaking line, watching as the coaster carriages filled up. There was a choice of two carriages, one was firetruck red, known to be rough by the way you were violently passed between either sides of your seat. The other was sky blue, not known for anything other than being marginally better than the red cart.

Shaped like trains the carts would slowly climb the tracks of the first large drop, an opportune time to get a quick, unauthorised photo of you and your friends. Being tightly strapped in by belt and bar you had the freedom to raise your arms as the old coaster sped its way down the first drop and towards the camera. Screams and wails fled from previously sealed mouths as the wind swept through the cart's passengers and over the bumpy track. Poses were inefficiently prepared and thrown into existence as it passed the camera, with many passengers laughing, able to regain their composure as the track levelled out in order to approach the next large climb.

As the cart rose once more towards the second drop of the ride, excited chatter came from the passengers as they looked around at the view and the coming drop. Adrenaline coursing through their veins, smiles upon every face, people cheered as the carts began to fall, flying down the drop and zipping through the woods at great speed. The tight, frequent corners bashed and tossed the riders around in their seats and many retreated their arms from the air to grasp tightly to the bar in front of them, holding themselves in a more secure position than before. The carts slowed momentarily to be pushed along much smaller hills and jostled into the air.

The small break in speed allowed riders to grin and regain the breath swept from them in the excitement. They repositioned themselves back to comfort in their seats just in time for the next windy and windswept corners. The track snaked around and around, speeding through the first dark tunnel, evoking more squeals from the passengers before zooming around into a longer tunnel, where occasionally a second camera operated allowing for a second pose before the ride ended, to express your utmost enjoyment with the ride.

As it left the final tunnel the carts tracked their way back up to the cabin where the coaster was boarded. You could look upon the people in the park behind the fence, wave to friends and family awaiting to see their ranging expressions and reactions upon the faces of the riders. Returning inside, staff asked you to remove your belts so that when the bars were released the belt would not continue to hold it down in place over your lap. Once safely stopped and unbuckled, you stepped off the cart with a shaky step, your legs still wobbling from adrenaline, before it faded immediately in a quicker second step. Climbing down the stairs to the ride's store you headed to the exit, waiting for your pictures to appear on one of the many small square monitors, quickly noting the number down when you found the picture to show to your companions.