Chapter 16: Until The End of Time

A consistent dry feeling in my throat that would make me cough had been bothering me for almost a week now. It didn't disturb my voice because I kept my usual sound but it felt like I was singing and talking while sick despite having no other symptoms.

"How's your throat?" Elias asked as we stood waiting in gorilla to make our entrance at Saturday's live event.

"Still sore. I'm definitely coming down with something."

"I think you should probably sit this one out. You can still come to the ring but leave the performing to me," he suggested. "It shouldn't be that hard for me to come up with something on the spot to shit on the city about."

"No, I want to. I've been dying to sing this duet but I didn't like you enough in the beginning to suggest it. Please, Big Daddy Eli..." I begged, fluttering my lashes, knowing that he wouldn't be able to say no now.

He led with Timberlake's verse

He led with Timberlake's verse. "I woke up this morning, heard the TV sayin' something about disaster in the world and it made me wonder where I'm going. There's so much darkness in the world but I see beauty left in you girl and what you give me lets me know that I'll be alright. 'Cause if your love was all I had in this life. Well that would be enough until the end of time. So rest your weary heart. And relax your mind. 'Cause I'm gonna love you, girl. Until the end of time."

"Now if you're ever wondering about the way I'm feeling. Well baby boy there ain't no question, just to be around you is a blessing. Sick and tired of tryna save the world. I just want to spend my time being your girl and what you're giving me lets me know that we'll be alriii..."

Wait, what? Elias looked at me in question and I did a cut throat gesture, signaling him to abruptly end the song. To say I didn't get all of that note would be an understatement. It was supposed to be 'alriiiiiiighhT' but my voice cracked and faded out midway. If I couldn't match that note, there was another Beyonce note after the chorus that I definitely wouldn't attempt. What was wrong with me?

We were given 15 minutes and only used 3 so Elias had to fill it with his usual act before Drew joined him for their tag match against Roman and Miz.