Chapter 20: Change the World

Elias and I went our separate ways early Monday night as he went on to the location of Smackdown while I began my journey to regain my voice in the same place I lost it

Elias and I went our separate ways early Monday night as he went on to the location of Smackdown while I began my journey to regain my voice in the same place I lost it. The nervous anticipation gnawed at me as I impatiently waited for my flight to land.

Me: Just touched down! Oh & I already booked the hotel room so don't worry about it.

Elias: Thx babe. Good luck today. I'll see you later.

Me: We have so much to talk about. 😇

Elias: I'll be waiting.

"Alaina Annesley," a nurse called my name aloud and I quickly jumped from my seat.

The doctor examined my throat. He nodded his approval. "You may speak."

"Thank God!" I explained. I can't describe the relief and joy I felt hearing my voice again. "Am I able to sing?"

"I don't know, are you?"

I cleared my throat and mentally braced myself in case I didn't sound the same. "I'm about to lose my mind. You've been gone for so long I'm runnin' out of time. I need a doctor, call me a doctor. I need a doctor to bring me back to life."

"Amazing!" he clapped. "Hey, where's your boyfriend?"

"Uh...I'm single," which would be true in a few hours.

"Oh, well that's too bad," he replied. "You two looked great together."

"Yeah..." brushing it off, I changed the subject. "WWE wants an official statement from you stating that I'm cleared to speak for the records so if you can write one up for me it would be great."

As excited as I was about this, I refrained from posting about the good news. It would only ruin the surprise. On the flight home I read up on how to take care of my voice from now on.

Elias was sitting in catering playing and singing. "...baby if I could change the world. If I could be king even for a day, I'd take you as my queen. I'd have it no other way. And our love would rule in this kingdom that we had made 'til then I'll be a fool wishing for a day that I can change the world. I would be the sunlight in your universe. You would think my love was really something good. Baby if I could change the world."

"