Chapter 12. "yea..."

I didn't know what to do, so I cried. I cried for the first time since I had gotten to the glade, I mean really cried. I closed my eyes and just let the silent tears fall. I cried because I was in this place. I cried because there was no escape. I cried because I had messed things up with Newt. I cried just because I felt like crying. When the tears stopped coming I just hung my head between my legs. I sat for what felt like an eternity with dried tears upon my face. 

"Ashlyn?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up with my eyes, but kept my head down. 

"yea..." I replied. 

"Can you just listen? You don't have to say anything." he pleaded. I looked my down at my hands and nodded my head, thinking about Nick's words the day before. He sat down in front of me. "Look, I just- I thought that you didn't have those feeling for me, which Nick and Alby helped me realize was stupid. I mean, I thought you liked Ben...I just...I got jealous and I felt bad and I wasn't thinking and now i'm making excuses bloody hell I can't do anything right.." He concluded burying his face in his hands. I hadn't noticed the tears streaming down my face until a strand of my hair stuck to one as I looked up at the sad boy. 

"Newt..." I wanted it to come out comforting, but it came out sounding like I was going to cry. A whisper I wasn't even sure he heard, like it disintegrated into the still air. I heard a muffled sob escape from his hands. He wiped his face off and looked at me as another crystal made it's path down his sorrowful face. "Newt, don't cry," my voice came out sounding more comforting than before. I wiped the tears off of his amazing face and he stopped one of mine from traveling any further. I closed my eyes and let my cheek press into his hand. He stopped another tear with his his thumb and the last with a kiss.