twenty-five

incoming facetime call from angel girl💕

Roxie stood her phone up against the mirror as she waited for the video to connect so that she could see Billie. When it did, both girls took a moment to take in the others appearance. Billie was wearing a tighter-than-usual top, it hugged to her body slightly, Roxie noticed. Not that she meant to, well she kinda did. She frowned. "Where have you been?"

"I've just finished a shoot with beats for my groupies have feelings too episode." Roxie nodded in recognition, her eyebrows raising to their original position. "You look gorgeous, baby."

Roxie smiled as she looked down at her outfit. She was wearing ripped denim shorts paired with a white T-shirt which she had tied up, showing off her midriff. She accompanied her outfit with white converse and a pink bomber jacket. She reached over the vanity and grabbed her Mickey Mouse ears, placing them atop her head. Her pink hair was adorning light beach waves and her makeup was minimal, showing a few of her freckles.

"Thank you. I miss you." Roxie sighed, sticking her bottom lip out so that she resembled a small child when they didn't get their own way. 

"I know, my love. I miss you too. But how's disney?" 

"It's amazing. My first vlog for it goes out in like half an hour and we've just been out for breakfast which was so good." Roxie grinned, glancing around the hotel room.

"That's great. Where's Ethan and Grayson?"

"They're downstairs playing pool or something, I don't know. How's tour?"

"Good. I'm really excited for Paris next week, but it'd be a lot better if you were here." Billie smiled sadly. 

"I'd love to bil, but I've got big collabs coming up soon. Maybe one day soon you can take me to Paris if you like it enough."

"Maybe I will. So I guess you heard back from James Charles?"

Roxie nodded, a smile growing on her face again. "Yeah. I'm so excited. This is going to be so big. Obviously with Emma and the twins it's not new but all five of us together? They're going to love it, and I really hope they do."

Billie smiled in acknowledgement, watching as Roxie took to tidying up the hotel room. She had a habit of tidying when she was excited, because it gave her something to do. Billie heard a knock at Roxie's hotel door and she grinned at Billie, holding up a finger before disappearing off camera.

"Hey! Gray I thought I told you to take the key with you? Come say hi to Billie."

Billie smiled as Grayson Dolan's head appeared on her screen, giving her an enthusiastic wave, to which she returned.

"Ethan has it, which is probably a bad idea now I think about it. But we should probably get going if we want good footage for your vlog, it's early so not many people will be on the rides."

Billie watched as Roxie dropped onto the edge of a bed, her face dropping slightly. Billie frowned, giving her a questioning look. Apparently Grayson recognised this too, because he shoved her shoulder and asked, "What's up?"

"I just got on the phone with Billie. We were catching up."

"Ands, don't worry yourself. We have all the time in the world to catch up later. You're at Disney, so go take a picture with Ariel and talk about maintaining your hair or some shit ion know." 

Roxie's forehead immediately uncreased as she let out a soft giggle at Billie's words. Grayson let out a soft sigh, signalling that they really needed to set off for the day and take advantage of their last few hours at the resort park.

"I guess I better head off then, we need to checkout and put our bags in the Jeep." Roxie smiled sadly, bringing hers and Billie's short call to a close.

"Okay angel, text me to say you got home safe, and I'll see you in a week or so."

"Okay. Bye bil."

"Bye my love."

With that, Roxie pressed the end call button on her phone and let out a short sigh, readjusting the pair of Mickey Mouse ears on her head in the mirror, obviously still quite upset that she had to cut her conversation with Billie short.

"You really in love with this girl, huh?" Grayson chuckled, hugging Roxie from behind, his hands squeezing her shoulders as he checked himself out in the mirror as well.

Roxie stepped to the side with a scoff, making Grayson lose and quickly regain his balance after the loss of support that was Roxie's back moved. 

"No, Gray. I'm not in love with her, she just... she just makes me happier I guess." She said with a quick roll of her eyes.

Grayson hummed in acknowledgment before heading towards the door, dropping the subject. Roxie wasn't about to admit it, but she was glad he didn't push the conversation because she didn't know how to respond. She didn't know if she was in fact, falling for her best friend.