fifty-seven

Sighing, Roxie put her seatbelt on as she started her car. She waited until she was out of her driveway to pay attention to the radio. Normally she would have a killer playlist ready to blast through the speakers of her car but she was too focused on the fact that she was driving to Jake Paul's house, looking her absolute worst. She'd just woken up from a nap and was wearing one of Billie's tees with biker shorts and possibly the biggest and stompiest pair of sneakers she owned.

The familiar voice rang softly through her car, announcing a song that Roxie probably wasn't going to pay attention to. She heard the familiar intro of you should see me in a crown, and her forehead that had previously been creased in concentration, relaxed. A soft smile creeped onto her face as she switched to auto-pilot to record the song for her instagram story, tagging her girlfriend before dropping her phone back into the cup holder it had been in before.

Her eyes returned to the road, and Roxie realised that she was headed for Jake's old house. The house she had become so familiar with. Roxie had only visited his new team 10 mansion twice before it all went wrong. She shook her head, redirecting herself and quickly found that she lived only a ten minute drive away from her destination. Roxie turned the volume up on Billie's track, and her mood improved, finding ways to connect with Billie even when she wasn't in the same country. 

Roxie's time was interrupted by her phone ringing. She rolled her eyes, turning the volume down before checking who was calling. She cleared her throat when she saw David's name come across the screen. She frowned, pressing accept.

"Hello?"

"Roxie! Hi! I need a favour, are you busy today?" David asked, with his typical 'I need vlog content' voice, and Roxie could practically see him fluttering his eyelashes as he spoke.

"Actually, yeah. I'm literally on my way to Jake Paul's house to go film for him. Sorry, I've changed teams again."

David laughed obnoxiously loud, obviously thinking that it was a joke. When he heard the dead silence at the end of the phone he halted.

"Oh wait really?"

"Well, I am on my way to Jake's. I don't know how long I'll be 'cause I'm trying to drag Rach home. What time did you need me?" She sighed, giving in. As much as Roxie didn't want to admit it, she was extremely bored of hanging around by herself in the house. With Billie away on tour and Grayson launching himself back into the workout lifestyle, she found herself spending a lot of time staring at her bedroom wall.

"Just come whenever you can. I really need some vlog content and my viewers miss you. So does the rest of the vlog squad, I know Zane definitely does."

Roxie let out a laugh at that. She shook her head before replying, "Figured. I should be three hours, tops. If I'm not at yours by 8 call the police."

"Great! Thank you!"

"It's not problem, David."

"Right, I'm gonna go film, see you later."

"Bye."

Roxie ended the call, keeping one eye on the road, navigating herself around Jake's neighbourhood. Of course, it wasn't hard to find his house even after just under a year of not being there. It had the biggest gate and resided right at the end of the road. She rolled her window down to press the button outside his gate, not really knowing whether she was actually welcome at the team 10 residence, and suddenly her anxiety wore in as Roxie realised she had left her house in such haste that she hadn't even asked if Rachel even wanted to come home.

"Who is it?" 

Roxie paused, and she realised that it had been such a long time since she had actually heard Jake's voice in real life. She almost missed it, even if he was extremely egotistical, which was extremely evident through his tone.