forty-one

incoming facetime call from angel girl💕

"Hello mama!" Billie said, in her signature baby voice upon seeing the video connect. Her face dropped at Roxie's raised eyebrow, and her tongue stuck lazily on her top lip, making Billie realise one thing. Roxie was pissed. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Are you serious right now Bil?" She snapped, her forehead creasing with anger.

Billie stumbled to find words at Roxie's anger, finding no explanation behind her random outburst. "Is this because I ate the last of your beans yesterday? I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"No, you don't think I've noticed?"

"Noticed what? Roxie you're not making sense!"

"Tana's comments, Billie!" Roxie shouted, letting out a scream of anger into her pillow.

Billie's eyes widened in recognition, her mouth dropping to form a small 'O'. Her eyes followed Roxie's movements, and she noticed that tears were threatening to spill from Roxie's eyes as she sniffled furiously, keeping her eyes fixed on the ceiling above her to stop her crying.

"Roxie, that's nothing and you know it. Are you jealous?"

"Yes Billie! I'm jealous! Jealous jealous jealous!" Roxie growled, throwing her hands up in rage. "You're my girlfriend, surely I have that right?"

"God you sound so crazy right now!"

Roxie stilled for a minute, and noticed that she'd seriously hit a nerve with Billie, because her tics were slowly spiralling out of control as her own anger built. Until she realised exactly what Billie had just said.

"Crazy?"

"Yes, crazy. You. Sound. Crazy." Billie's teeth were gritted now, and she had to pause between each word so that she didn't scream at Roxie. "Roxie, I haven't once replied to one of Tana's comments. I'm in love with you!"

"Yeah well why does she keep going? Maybe you're just messaging her on the side and entertaining her! It's not unknown for you to sleep around Bil!"

"I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you right now. Do you really think I'd cheat on you?"

Roxie shifted uncomfortably on her bed, avoiding eye contact with Billie as she contemplated her answer. Billie's eyes scanned Roxie's face for any sign of an answer and before she had the chance to continue, Roxie sighed, "I'd understand if you had."

"Are you seriously saying this right now? Why on earth would I cheat on you?"

"I mean... Tana's pretty, she's more experienced than I am and I-"

"You're unbelievable Roxie! I refuse to have this conversation with you anymore! Call me back when my girlfriend makes an appearance."

With that, Billie hangs up the call, leaving Roxie to break down and sob into her pillow. They were the kind of tears that stung your eyes as they formed, and dragged the mascara on Roxie's lashes down her face with them. Immediately after Billie hung up, Roxie realised she probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so fast, but a part of her still wondered if what she'd said was true. After all, Billie was quick to get angry after Roxie accused her of cheating.

In reality, Roxie couldn't help but be paranoid about Billie cheating. She hadn't exactly had the best time with her last boyfriend, who admitted to cheating several times before she finally broke up with him. She suddenly remembered the anger in his voice when he did, blaming her for not being enough, which was why he would cheat. She wanted to be enough for Billie, but she also knew Tana extremely well and that bitch was persuasive.

After an hour of painful crying, there was a soft knock at Roxie's door. She expected it was Tristan, who by the way, had long overstayed his welcome after moving in a few weeks ago. 

"Trist, I don't want to play mario kart so fuck off!"

The door opened anyway.

"What about just dance?" 

Rachel closed the door with a swift slam and plopped herself on Roxie's bed, bouncing it so that Roxie couldn't keep the smile off of her face.

"You know. You seem to have forgotten I live here too."

"That's because you're always at the twins' house."

"I know, I've neglected my poor little baby and I'll never do it again." Rachel said in a baby voice, pinching Roxie's cheeks and forcing her head from side to side.

Roxie leaned out of Rachel's grip, slapping her thigh to stop her best friend from treating her like a child.

"I heard your argument with Billie. Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Well we're gonna talk about it anyway."

Roxie groaned, rolling back over to face-plant her pillow. Rachel made herself comfortable at the head of Roxie's bed and kicked at Roxie's legs, motioning for her to do the same.

"Tana wouldn't do that to you, forget about Bil for a moment, and just think. Tana, who you have known for over two years, would never do that to you."

"I-"

"No buts! Tana sleeps around. Sure, she thinks Billie is attractive. But everyone thinks Billie is attractive. You know what? I'd fuck her if she was single and I'm not even gay."

Roxie let out a small giggle at that, now giving Rachel her complete attention.

"I've known you 15 years Rox, and I know you don't really think Billie cheated. Do you?"

"No. But I-"

"Nope. Now I get it. Every little fan girl I see in Grayson's comments I just wanna slap them and then fuck Gray in front of them to make sure they know they can't have him. But I don't 'cause that's illegal and also extremely weird. Billie is always going to get attention from people, and it's going to get worse as she gets bigger, which she will 'cause have you heard her music? Sheeeesh. Don't you think Billie notices some of the comments people leave you? Even Tana leaves you comments telling you how much she would like to fuck you, and I definitely do."

"But you're straight, she knows you don't actually want me to choke you."

"Yes, but does she know if all those boys don't actually want to 'show you what real sex is'. Some of it upsets Billie, I remember Finneas told me she thought she wasn't good enough for you and that you should just date a guy instead. So don't go around acting out, cause she has feelings too."

"She said that?"

"He told me not to tell you because Billie didn't want to make a big deal of it."

Roxie blinked, motioning for Rachel to carry on. She let out a puff of air before continuing, "Be mad then. But at some point you're going to have to swallow your pride and apologise to Billie because she hasn't done anything wrong. Now let's go and play mario kart whether you want to or not because it's about time someone taught you and Tristan how to actually play that damn game."