Chapter 1.1 | Meeting you

You were walking through the streets of the busy city you live in. You saw many people buying last-minute gifts for New Year. All with their winter coats pressed against their body to endure the cold that was embracing us all this time of year. On this 30th of December.

But you just wanted to go to your favorite shop. Your favorite bookstore: A New Chapter. You always loved reading and because Christmas was over, you finally had the time to read a good book again.

Seeing your destination in sight you speed up your pace. But maybe you did so too fast because an unwilling someone walked right in front of you, causing you to lose your balance and fall backwards. Pinching your eyes closed, waiting for you to fall on the cold, hard ground you feel two arms catching you under your arms.

"Wow, there."

A deep voice was heard and you open your eyes. You were standing on your feet but we're still a little unsteady and almost fell again.

"Miss, can you stand?"

The mysterious person was holding you by your shoulders from behind so that you would stay on your feet. Once you were standing steady you turned around. You immediately bowed, not really gotten the chance to look at his face.

"Thank you very much"

"Ow, please, it was nothing. No need to bow"

You stood straight and finally got a chance to look at his face.

Wow

He was wearing a beige winter coat with a white cap on his head where you could see his brown hair through. He had his backpack on his back while he was holding the straps. He was looking at you and started chuckling.

The cause for him to chuckle was because you kept on staring at him. Not that you didn't have a reason for that. He was gorgeous. His perfect shaped face with his lovely eyes and his well-formed lips. His tallness that amazed you every second again.

"Are you okay now, miss?"

You woke up from your daydream and nodded.

"Euhm, yes, I, euhm, am okay now"

He started to chuckle and continued with asking.

"Were you about to go to that shop?" he pointed his finger towards the shop you had in mind this whole evening.

"Euhm, yes I was."

"Well, me too. Maybe I can guide you so that you won't fall again."

He showed you a very adorable box smile and grabbed the back of his neck while still smiling sheepishly.

You also smiled back at him feeling a little embarrassed that he wants to guide you across the street.