Chapter 1.4 | Meeting you

He slowly took the book, careful so he wouldn't touch your hand, because that would be the end of his already crazy beating heart and went to the checkout.

Meanwhile, you let out a huge breath that you apparently were holding in. In an attempt to calm your heart you took deep breaths. They didn't really help but you didn't care. Your poor heart was beating so hard. It was like it could punch a hole right through your chest.

You calmed down and prepared yourself for Taehyung to come back. Well, you didn't exactly get very long as you saw Taehyung already walking back up on the stairs.

"Here."

Taehyung handed you a little bag with the book in it. You took it, carefully, and tried to lift the awkwardness.

"Euhm, thanks Taehyung."

That was the first time you said his name out loud. It felt so good to say his name. It was at that moment that you knew that you liked him. And maybe even more than that.

"It was n-nothing, Y/N."

Even though he had said your name before, he didn't realize it up till now. You are the girl he likes or maybe even more, loves.

Taehyung had always had trouble finding someone he likes. And the same goes for you. Because you guys read a lot, people thought you were nerds. So the only romantic relationship you knew were the ones in the books you read.

Even though you really wanted to stay with Taehyung, despite the awkwardness, you had to go. It was late and your dog didn't like to stay alone for a long time.

"I'm terribly s-sorry, but I have to g-go."

You wished you didn't need to say that sentence but the truth was hard. You had to leave.

"Euhm, yes, if necessary."

Taehyung was disappointed and it was clearly visible in his expression. You saw it and your heart sank. You did not want to leave at all.

"Well, goodbye then."

Your heart got even heavier and it wasn't a pleasant feeling. You looked at Taehyung and saw his sad eyes fell to the ground. You picked up your painful heart and started to walk. The first step you did was hesitant and so was the second one. You cross him and felt really guilty.

Taehyung had the same painful heart. He wanted you to stay longer. So he could observe you, see you smile and see your face when you're enchanted by a good book. Those moments were so special for him. And then you had to leave. 

Getting home had never been a more difficult thing to do than today. The little bag with the book in it was placed on the table and you went to sit behind it.

You took the book in your hands and saw it was Taehyung's second favorite one. Thinking about that,  your mind gave you a movie of the scene that made you look like a tomato. Taehyung who leaned in to possibly kiss you.

You squeaked and put the book down. But something caught your eye. A little piece of paper. And there was something written on it.

053-395-379
Please call me, Kim Taehyung

Now that you thought about it, you indeed forgot to ask his phone number. You stared at the piece of paper and smiled like a teenager in love. Your mind kept replaying all the moments with him and you kept saying his name.

"Kim Taehyung~"

~~•~~

2258 words split into 4 chapters pwe😅

The phone number was made up. Just that you know😊

The picture, in the beginning, was my inspiration for this story. Hopefully, you liked it and comment what you thought!

Byebye👋🏻
Love you all💜

aviaatje