Chapter 3.4 | Loving you

You chocked on your food. Quickly grabbing a glass of water, you drank it. You forgot that Kimchi Fried Rice had mushrooms in it. You looked at Taehyung who was smirking and knew your lie was discovered.

"I guess I'm not allergic to mushrooms anymore."

You raised your shoulders to make the situation less heavy. Taehyung laughed with his box smile and grabbed your hands.

"It's okay, I think I know why you did it."

He pinched your hands slightly and released his grip again to continue eating.

"You do?"

You were blushing because of the hand contact and the discovery of your white lie. He laughed quickly and told you to continue eating otherwise they would miss the fireworks.

You were done when the night had fallen and the street lanterns were beginning to shine. Taehyung grabbed your hand and took you to a bridge near the square. The fireworks didn't start yet so you still had some time. Li had followed along but was still tired and had settled on the bench that was just beside you.

"Brrr."

You shivered as you pulled your coat closer to your body. Taehyung saw you and immediately took his scarf and started to wrap it around your neck.

"Taehyung, you don't have to do-"

A little surprised you look up at him. He wasn't looking at you, instead, he was busy tucking you in with his scarf.

"It's alright, I don't want you to be cold."

You blushed but it wasn't visible because of the scarf who covered almost your entire face. Taehyung chuckled as he saw what he had done. You realized it must be a pretty funny sight of you being wrapped up in a scarf. You laughed as well.

"Cute."

Taehyung looked into your eyes. His were glittering in the light of the only lantern on the bridge. Yet his facial characteristics were soft due to the darkness around the two of you.

His hands slowly went towards your face. They took the scarf and moved it down to free your mouth. Taehyung swiftly looked at your lips and then back at your eyes.

You didn't feel as cold as before when his hands went to your shoulders and grabbed them gently. His eyes never left yours. He came closer and you started to feel his breath on the tip of your nose.

Suddenly you could hear the sound of firework that went up in the air. You turned your head to look at it, but Taehyung's hands soon grabbed your cheeks and turned your head back at his direction.

As on cue, his lips met yours when the first firework exploded. And that's exactly how your heart reacted. It exploded in your chest as you felt Taehyung's lips gently press against yours.

His eyes were closed. His long lashes moving a little in the calm winter breeze. Soon you closed your eyes as well and brought your hands to the sides of his winter coat, grabbing it slightly.

Taehyung had waited so long for this moment. After two failed attempts, he was determined to let it work the third time. So when you looked at your side to watch the firework exploded, he didn't hesitate to grab your head in between his hands and kiss you.

The kiss was gentle but also longing. You never imagined your first kiss to be so mesmerizing. Both of you waited for this to happen. Butterflies were busy flying in your stomach.

Taehyung pulled back and connected his forehead with yours. His eyes were on your lips but soon moved to your eyes. You slowly opened your eyes and you noticed Taehyung looking at you.

You both didn't share a word as your eyes spoke for themselves. You saw love written all over his face. You couldn't be happier as you sheepishly smiled.

Taehyung broke into immediate laughter and quickly pulled you in a hug. Hugging him back, you inhaled his scent: lavender. You smiled in his embrace as you thought back about the kiss. You were so happy. And so was he.

You were hugging each other while fireworks kept exploding in the background, lighting up the sky with colorful sparks.

It was like a fairy tale, your own little fairy tale. Your encounter with Taehyung was like it was destined to be. Like in a book.

A written encounter.

The End

~~•~~

I hoped you enjoyed this story and don't hesitate to leave a comment!

Byebye👋🏻
Love you all💜

aviaatje