Chapter 3.2 | Loving you

The cozy atmosphere and the amazing look on the inside were incredible

The cozy atmosphere and the amazing look on the inside were incredible. You asked yourself why you never came across this small bistro. After all, you enjoyed taking strolls around the city to clear your mind.

You went to sit down and faced each other. Li laid on the ground beside the table to sleep a little. She wasn't so young anymore after all. Taehyung handed you one of the menus. You gladly took it and browsed through all the different kinds of food. After a while, Taehyung had decided what he wanted.

"I think I'm going with Budae Jjigae."

He put the menu down and waited hopefully for your answer. You liked Taehyung's decision, so you decided to eat the same thing.

"I think I will too. It's been so long since I've eaten it."

Satisfied with your choice, you put your menu on top of the other and placed them both at the end of the table. Right when you did so, the waitress came. Taehyung took the word.

"We'll take two portions Budae Jjigae and two glasses of water, please."

Taehyung looked at the waitress to see if she had understood. The waitress nodded short and looked back at him. Something changed in her eyes as she fixed her posture so she would look slimmer.

You looked at the sight and felt a sting of jealousy inside you. The way she stared at Taehyung was absurd. Pumping her chest up so she would have a better figure and practically doing a duck face so she would have thicker lips.

"No mushrooms for me."

Your voice sounded quite harsh. You could've told her a little bit more politely but the way she was looking at Taehyung made you jealous. She shifted her gaze towards you and looked at you like you were a pile of homework. She rolled her eyes for a split second and eventually wrote your order down.

"Okay, no mushrooms. It'll be there in a minute."

The waitress looked flirtatiously at Taehyung and batted her eyelashes. She turned around and let her hair swing over her shoulder. Her hips were swinging from left to right.

"Psk."

If she moved her hips even harder, she would fall over.

Unfortunately, your behavior on the sight didn't go unnoticed. Taehyung looked at you and saw your psk-ing after the waitress walked away. He found your reaction cute.

Of course, Taehyung didn't like the way the waitress behaved. She wasn't his type, besides he wouldn't want to trade you for the world, because you were his world.

"What's wrong?"

You flinched a little. Afraid he would've noticed your behavior, you tried be remain calm.

"Uhm, nothing."

You flashed him a small smile. Hopefully, he would buy it and let the topic die.

"Really? Weren't you being jealous?"

Taehyung's grin grew wider the longer he saw your reaction. He found the sight of a jealous you quite amusing.

"What? No! Why would I?"

You laughed it off and started straightening your clothes out of nervousness. Taehyung playfully observed your reaction and chuckled at your expression.

"So you don't like mushrooms?"

His sudden change of subject was surprising but relieving. He could see right through you if he asked any further. But he already saw through you, of course, he knew why you acted that way. He knew you were jealous.

Quick thinking to find an answer to his question, you went with the one who came to your mind as first.

"Uhm, I'm allergic."

Why did I say that? I'm not allergic. I love mushrooms. Especially in Budae Jjigae.

The sweet taste of mushrooms mixed with accompanying sauce. The beef, the noodles and the green onions who are the finishing touch. It made you even more hungry than you already were.

"To what kinds of mushrooms are you allergic?"

You were panicking a little. Why was he asking so many questions? It was like you were in an interrogation.

"Uhm yes."

Taehyung looked skeptical at you once he heard your answer. His query wasn't a yes-no question.

"Uhm I mean, I'm allergic to all the kinds of mushrooms. Sore throat and red dots, such stuff."

You quickly blurted out something that came first to your mind. Taehyung chuckled and stopped his interrogation. You lowered your head and wished for the food to come quickly.

~~•~~

Budae Jjigae means Korean Army Stew😉