Chapter 2

As I woke the next morning, I continued playing back yesterday in my head

  As I woke the next morning, I continued playing back yesterday in my head. I know it was silly to think anything more than just that flirty conversation happened between us. Maybe it was merely a friendly battle of wits to see who could come up with the best weird cat joke. Either way, I had been thanking the Lord above that Claudia had such a feline obsession.

  Too think I almost didn't even find out his name. But as the shop door swung open, he opened up his umbrella. He turned around and said, "By the way I'm Seth." He said it in the most manly way a guy holding a pink cat umbrella could say. I snickered before a full on belly laugh came out. Dear God, I hope I didn't snort like a pig.

  Maybe it was the shimmer in his eyes, when he laughed or the way he looked at me. He looked at me like he had known me my whole life. Oddly enough I felt the same thing. Happiness filled my being, as I couldn't even recall the last time I laughed that hard. I felt no need to tell him anything but the need to tell him everything, all at the same time. Oh God, I didn't even tell him my name. The moment the door closed I thought seriously of running after him. But what would I say?

"My name would have been a good start." I whispered under my breath as I poured my daily cup of joe, still in my pj's.

  I'm sure it would have looked like such a dramatic scene. Me running down the sidewalk splashing in puddles after someone I had known a whole 10 minutes. The nosy old ladies who frequent the dinner, sipping on the giant mugs of coffee would have had something new to gossip about.They already thought I was some tortured writer that was anti-social and a little off her rocker, spending the day dusting off cats.

  As I sat down at my small kitchen table, I took another sip. The old checkered antique diner style table squeaked as I sat. I envisioned him opening the squeaky door at the shop.

"Wow, maybe I am kinda toured and anti-social." As I jotted another idea down on my notepad inspired by the sounds of the shop door and chair. Am I losing it?

  Rushing out the door in the morning to open up the boutique, was my typical style. But today was different. Maybe it was the clouds this morning, light and fluffy allowing the sun to shine through them, giving me a newfound perspective. Maybe it was that I was secretly hoping to bump into Seth.

  Honestly, I had spent much more time than usual getting ready. Normally I would just throw on a cute graphic tee shirt, a pair of jeans with flats or sneakers. But today I found myself actually putting together my outfit, an adorable floral flowy shirt with a light cardigan and fitted khakis that hugged me in the right places. Instead of a messy bun I straightened my hair and did my makeup, more than just powder and some mascara. As I stood there looking in the mirror, I thought this was all a bit crazy. I didn't know was he passing through or staying in town? Although it was beyond me who would stay here on purpose.