Chapter 7

I was nearly at grandma's coffee shop and the image of this "Will" guy just couldn't get out of my head

  I was nearly at grandma's coffee shop and the image of this "Will" guy just couldn't get out of my head. Why was he practically standing outside my house, across the street like some creep or something?

  I have to say he did look good leaning up against the tree, like he just thought he belonged there or something. His ripped jeans and an alternative rock band tee did look good on him in a bad boy sort of way. He definitely didn't have the normal clean cut look or jock look like a lot of the other boys had around here. Maybe that's why he intrigued me so much.

  I meet my parents along with my grandparents at the coffee shop. They had decided to head to the diner for a guess you could say a welcome home dinner. That was nice of them but not necessary, I wanted nothing more than to go home and get some much needed rest from these past two weeks of hell at camp.

My phone rang just as I finished dinner and was making my way to the car.

"Oh my gosh, Lacey where are you?" It was Jenny, she wouldn't even let me finish before she continued on. "You got to meet me down by our spot at the river. Noah's having a big party down there tonight. It's going to be epic. Like one last summer bash before we go back to school!" I had never heard her so excited before.

  Laughing at Jenny I said. "Jenny calm down, calm down. I'll be there, just PLEASE let me go home and take a shower and rinse myself of the nightmarish two weeks I just had!" I heard her giggling on the line with someone in the background. I knew her all too well, that was the giggle she had when there was a boy around. Who was she talking to?

"Of course girl! Meet ya there around 7:00?" She said nearly out of breath from giggling.

"Okay...Sure sounds good." I said as I jumped into the car with my parents.

  After returning home and showering I stood in front of my floor length mirror trying to figure out what to wear. If this party was going to be as epic as Jenny said, I wanted to look good. She did have a way of over exciting herself about stuff so I wasn't really holding my breath. But if Noah was holding the party maybe it would be pretty epic. He did have a reputation at the school he needed to uphold, being on the varsity football team.

  Deciding on my newest pair of cute jean shorts and a floral tank, I grabbed my lightweight knitted pink cardigan. This summer was an unusually hot one but the nights cooled down a lot. I tied the cardigan around my waist, took one last look in the mirror and headed towards the living room.

"See ya guys tomorrow." I yelled to my parents, as I slid on my flip flops and grabbed my backpack with a few essentials in them. I had told my parents I would be staying at Jenny's house tonight. They would kill me to know that I was really going to be at the river all night hanging out. They surely wouldn't have approved of that.

  It was nearing 7:00 as I walked the path that was barely visible from the road. The scent of pine trees and campfires filled my nose with a scent I always associate with summer. Funny, because when I was at camp I detested both things but know knowing that all my friends and classmates would be there got me excited to be in the great outdoors. I heard music and talking in the distance. I knew I was getting closer as I started seeing light coming off the campfires as it flashed through the trees.

  After the path ended there was about another 100 yards or so to go before I would be down by the river. It was fairly thick with trees, maybe wearing flip flops wasn't the best of ideas. As I was stepping over some logs I heard a noise behind me. Someone else coming to the party I'm sure.

  Then I saw it laying up against a tree to the right of me. A skateboard. Against my better judgement I turned to see who was behind me, knowing somehow it was him. His lips curled on the edges like he had seen an old friend and all I could do was look deep into his hazels. There was a beautiful sadness in them, as they spoke louder than the fading black around his eye. His dark long lashes framing them beautifully. I noticed a small scar above his lip. I've never seen a scar so sexy before as his mouth opened up slightly, grinning back at me. I stood a moment in silence as I felt his eyes trying not to linger too long.

Maybe this would be an epic party....

***Thanks for reading!!! Please vote and share this story if you're loving it!! What do you think Will is doing in the woods?***