Chapter 8

*Summer 2004**

*Summer 2004**

"Hey..What are you doing here?" I said after we had spent moments just staring at each other, waiting to see who would speak first.

"Um, this is where Noah's party is right?" He took a deep breath hoping he had found the right place.

"I mean yeah, it is. How do you know Noah?" I said nonchalantly hoping he wouldn't feel like I was interrogating him.

  After running his hand through his dark hair, "I've been here for almost two weeks visiting with my aunt, your neighbor across the street." He paused. "Noah's been cool enough to kind of show me around, not that there is much to show." He continued with a grin. "Noah said I should come down and check the party out. I hadn't seen you around until today." He paused again looking for me to jump in.

"Oh God, I've been at "Camp Hell" for 2 weeks! Now I'm here back in the woods, just can't stay away from mother nature I guess." Trying not to come off too sarcastic, all the while loving every minute of talking to him.

Laughing Will said. "Noah warned me about you. He said you have quite the sense of humor." God I love his laugh.

"Oh did he?" I said trying to sound flirty as I lightly slapped his arm. I hadn't realized how close we were to each other until then.

"What else did Noah tell you?" I squinted my eyes as somehow that would reveal his answer.

Will paused as if he was contemplating his next words, like once he said them there was no turning back.

"Well..." I said wanting his answer. I noticed my tank top strap had fallen off my shoulder.

  Before I could pull it up myself Will's fingers lightly grazed my arm as he pulled my strap up gently. Looking at my bare shoulder, covered only with a thin spaghetti strap he said "He didn't tell me that you have more than just your sense of humor going for you." Looking back up to meet my eyes. My smile must have been ear to ear.

  At that moment I didn't really know what to say. I was afraid if I said too much I would ruin our  moment. God knows I wanted to just stay here in this moment for as long as possible. I couldn't have cared less if I went to the party. I could stand here with him all night and talk. Or more than talk.

"There you guys are!" Jenny was practically running towards us, dodging fallen tree branches along the way.

"You know Will?" was all I could say as she finally made her way to where we stood. Does everyone know him except me?

"I'm sorry, Will could you give us girl's a minute" She said with a friendly wink.

  Will smiled and walked towards the party. We needed "girl talk". Really it was just gossiping but I definitely need to be brought up to date with the whole "Will" thing. I mostly just listen to Jenny talk and explain the whole thing. I nodded here and there so she knew I was listening. When she got done blabbing I repeated it back to her.

"So long story short Jenny, Will is from out of town, staying at his aunt's house. You don't know why he has a black eye but it has something to do with his dad and that's why he's been at his aunt's house since I've been gone. Of course you think we would be perfect together, if you didn't have your boyfriend you would be all over him etc, etc..." I said kinda rolling my eyes playfully reciting back the list she said to me.

Jenny interrupted, the look on her face told me it wasn't great news. "Yes except there's one more thing.... He's leaving after this weekend."

***Okay guys

***Okay guys... what are ya thinking about this chapter? I hope you are enjoying finding out more about that weekend they spent together and maybe learn a little more about Noah along the way. Please comment and vote:) ***