Chapter 9

*Present day*

*Present day*

  Being embraced in his arms again never felt so good. I was lost in the past when I heard Seth say..

"You wanna take a walk to our spot?" knowing good and well I wouldn't tell him no. He winked at me playfully as I shook my head yes.

  We walked hand in hand from the boutique down the blocks that made up the town. I was still trying to take it all in, that it was him. That we were together again after all these years.

   Once we got to the last block we took a right, leading to a gravel road that mostly only farmers used. Not far from that side road was the turn off into the woods. Walking down the barely visible pathway sent waves of nostalgia over me. I'm sure Seth was feeling the same as me, as I looked over to him he gently squeezed my hand.

"What are you thinking?" I said as I could see his wheels turning in his head. We continued to walk deeper into the woods. We were almost at the river side.

"Honestly Lace, I'm thinking why on Earth I ever left you that weekend." He said almost at a whisper as he looked around taking in the scenery as if nothing had changed.

  As I took in the beauty around us, trees as tall as the eye could see, I reassured him, "We were just kids, you had no choice but to leave. Your Mom came back for you, she was finally leaving your dad." I held his hand tighter, stopped and faced him looking him in the eyes. The breeze blew my hair in my face.

  He tucked my hair out of my face behind my ears as he said, "You're right, I just wish things wouldn't have ended that way. I hated leaving you." His eyes were tearing. Seth kissed me lightly on the forehead as he sighed in relief, knowing we were together now.

  Walking close to the water's edge Seth bent down and picked up a small stone and threw it, making the water ripple as it danced on top of the water.

"I'm impressed, you still got it!" I laughed as I bent down to pick up a stone. I never got the hang of skipping rocks, although I still tried.

  Without being able to stop myself I looked at the direction of where our tent was set up all those years ago, my cheeks flushed. Your first time you never forget. Seth caught me looking that way. Seth had the widest grin on his face as he followed my eyes in the direction of where we had spent our first night together. Was he thinking the same thing?

  We were now sitting down on logs beside the river not far from where that campfire burned years ago. Both of us were quiet, reliving the past in our minds.

  After a few minutes of silence I blurted out, "Oh my gosh just say whatever your thinking!" I lightly smacked his upper arm. His grin still not going anywhere.

  He grabbed his upper arm like I had hit him way harder than I actually did. "I'm just thinking that you were more than just impressed with my rock skipping abilities that night." He laughed while holding another rock in his hand, but I think he was hoping to hear that I agreed.

"Well one thing hasn't changed, your sense of humor, that's for sure," I teased as he grabbed me and pulled me closer to him. His soft lips kissed mine and with another swoop of his arm under my hips he pulled me on top of his lap.

  I knew there was much to be said between us but somehow it didn't matter as each kiss helped to ease the pain of years spent apart. We had time to figure everything out. I just wanted to take in every moment with him as he kissed my lips and down my neck. Time had passed but our passion didn't fade, it only grew stronger with each kiss.

  With a final release of his lips, I found my eyes still drawn back to that spot where our tent was set up under the oak tree. It was at that spot that I had fallen in love with him and the spot I had to say goodbye. For a moment I can almost hear the music blaring over the crackles of the campfire that night.

Please don't make me say goodbye again Seth..

**What do you guys think? Let me know! Don't worry we will be going back into the summer of 2004!! You guys keeping up with this book is what is keeping me writing! Thanks for the votes and the support!**