Chapter Three

Jonathan leant on the counter. He looked into a mirror, eyeing the scar on his head with a grimace. He moved his hair to cover it a little better. After all, Jonathan resented the idea of Bo catching on to anything he could warp into a facial disfigurement. Jonathan checked the scar once again, and then went to the hallway. Students were starting to file in. Jonathan watched them discreetly. Looking through their lockers, chatting with their friends, nothing interesting really. Then he looked to see the new teacher, Ms Gallagher, pointing a stern finger at one of Bo's gang mates. Her friendly face was red, and flustered. Jonathan approached curiously. His cold eyes carefully watching his surroundings for anyone who might want to lunge at him.
The friend of Bo's left, with a smirk on his face. Jonathan watched as Ms Gallagher turned to him, she looked at him awkwardly. He towered over her by a foot.
"Jonathan. What's that?" She said, trying to move his hair to get a better look. He stepped back, tucking his hands uncomfortably into his pockets. Ms Gallagher's face changed to an expression Jonathan recognised as worry.
"It's nothing." He muttered. He fiddled with his pockets in a bit of an awkward manner.
"If you decide you want to talk about it. I'm usually in my office." She said, as she spun on her heel and headed away.
"Ms Gallagher?" Jonathan said quickly. She stopped in her tracks and turned slightly. "I was wondering if you had any books on psychology."
"I have one right here, Jonathan." She said as she unzipped her bag and carefully took out a book. She handed it to him and took off to her lesson before he even had a chance to thank her. He slipped it into his shoulder bag and turned to the door next to him. It was English class. Boring as usual. At the end of the class, the other students practically ran out. Jonathan slowly trekked his way out, his eyes glued to his new book. He wandered down the hall, finding a particular interest in a section of the book.
Fears and Phobias
He thought. He wondered about different fears. There was a few he knew of from the book. Claustrophobia and Aracnophobia. Arachnophobia would be easy to create, hypothetically, of course. He thought about the uses of fear in practical situations, which were brought up by the book. Jonathan sat under a tree, where he kept his eyes on the book. He heard rustling from the leaves in front of him and raised his head a little. Sherry stood there, an expression he had never seen on her gracing her face.
"Jonathan. I'm sorry about yesterday." Sherry said, a waver in her soft voice. "Omg. Did we do that?" She muttered ad she looked at the scar. She tried to nudge his hair out of the way, but he moved her hand away.
"No. I… fell." He said. He ran his hand down his page and folded the corner.
"Why are you talking to me?" Jonathan said. He looked up at her and she put her hand on her chin.
"Don't you want me to talk to you?" She said. Her face slowly turned to a frown.
"No. No. It's just Bo won't be very pleased." He said, his book now closed and laid on the floor.
"Okay. What are you reading?" She asked, pulling her hair up.
"Psychology 101." He looked up at her. "What are you up to?" He almost whispered. He watched her expression change.
"I feel… Really bad about yesterday." She muttered, her eyes welling up with years. She quickly wiped her eyes.
"It's fine." He quietly said. Jonathan picked his book up, and slipped it back into his shoulder bag.
"Y-Yeah. I should probably get going too…" Sherry said.