Chapter Nine

Xander, Maglor, and Aegnor were all gathered around Xander's living room table. They had chosen to go there so they could have better access to Xadner's work small lab he built. Which was in truth his kitchen since he cannot cook for the life of him but can use a microwave. So for his food, he has a small mini fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker and a toaster plus toaster oven. Yet, in his 'lab' he has turned it into a place where he could analyze something better. Honestly, Maglor did not want to know why he built one and he convinced Aegnor that neither did he. The best guess that Maglor had was that one night...Xander got board. Strange things happen when that elf gets board.

They were lucky though since when the person who did attack Aegnor escaped he managed to cut his arm on some from the window. Xander was running every test possible on that blood sample so they could get somewhere with who they were. He also ran a test on the shoe prints that they found outside the window he got in through. Aegnor was looking at the pictures they took before the cleaned everything up. While Maglor was looking into the weapons that this person had.

"Got something. The shoes he had...they were custom made in Australia," Said Xander looking up from his laptop.

"Australia...that's a different country..right?" Aegnor asked.

"Continent," Said Maglor. "That helps us a bit I guess,"

"Just let's keep looking with what we have while we wait for those tests I have running to be done. Should be very soon," Xander said calmly.

Aegnor yawned and stretched. They had been working on this for the past few hours since the attack, his arm was a little sore and he was getting tired.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep," Offered Xander. "I have a very soft couch."

"Are you two okay doing this on your own?" Aegnor asked. When the two nodded he stood up and walked over to the couch. He fell asleep very quickly. As he slept Xander and Maglor both worked in silence taking care of their work. Maglor was trying to focus on the work but his brain could not keep up. He was worried about his cousin, they may have not been super close in the past but they were closer now. He was worried about so many different things, he wished he was similar to Rowan in these times. When he called him and told of this. He was calm and helped him get his brain focused on the task at hand. It made sense though, considering what Rowan went through that this would not phase him.

"Maglor. He'll be fine, we can find this guy and then question him to see what he knows and find out what's going on." Xander said breaking his thoughts.

"I know...just my brain won't stop," Maglor replied.

"My brain never stops," Xander said with a shrug. "Also. Trust me this is not the hardest case I have worked. I have done harder things in my life."

"I know but you know how many cases can become cold cases?" Maglor questioned.

Xander laughed and said, "I was not talking about solving mysteries. I have done much harder things."

"Dare I ask?" Maglor asked with a slight sense of dread in his voice.

"Nope," Xander asked with a cheerful but slightly frightening smirk. Maglor shook his head and thought Dear Eru if you are still around why did you make me get stuck with this psychopath? I am doing the best to repent for what I did and why in Arda did you make me get stuck with him for portions of my life?

~~~

Aegnor woke up to Maglor's voice. He opened his eyes and sat up. "What is it?"

"Xander found him. He lives in Australia and just a few hours ago he got a plane ticket back to his home. Aegnor's booking our plane tickets now." Maglor said.

"Right...so when do we leave?" Aegnor asked

"I got a flight for us in first class tomorrow night," Xander said.

"How much money were those tickets? I can't-" Maglor began.

"Don't worry. I did not tell them everything but a friend I know who lives there happily gave me the money." Xander said cutting him with a smirk. Maglor knew right then that he pitied that friend since he was not sure if what Xander said was true or not but judging by Xander's face his friend will not be happy. "Also it will be Aegnor's first time on an airplane. I want him to enjoy it."

"Alright. I just hope I know what you are doing," Maglor said.

"Of course I do and once we get there. My friend said we can stay at their place and make ourselves at home." Xander said.

"I do not trust this," Whispered Aegnor to Maglor quietly.

"Yeah...we shouldn't." He replied. "But I have learned with some things with Xander. Just nod and go with it."