Chapter Thirty-Four

"Is this necessary?" Feanor asked looking at Rowan who sat across from him.

"I would say so," Rowan replied as he sat back and folded his legs on the couch. "So. Would you like to start or should I?"

"You can," Feanor said shortly as he sat back.

"Alright. Let's start off with what you are thinking about this, it's clear you do not want emotional advice from your great-grandson." He said. "Well, I am very good at what I do and wounded pride can heal easily."

Feanor opened his mouth but ended up closing it. "Let's start somewhere else," He then said.

"Okay. What about the silmarils then? I was talking with Xander since I needed some information and he told me they are back. What do you feel about them now? Are you willing to sacrifice your sons again for them?" He asked.

Feanor paused and looked at Rowan then to his hands. "I never wanted to sacrifice them for it," He said.

"Yet, that is what happened," Rowan replied.

"I know! I know!" Feanor responded angrily his fists clenching.

"I said that's what happened. Not what's going to happen again, you have a chance to change. Right now you have a fresh start to make here, a new life to start. You can take it or you can leave it and start another long insane quest to reclaim them once again." Rowan said.

"I would think therapy would start with something light," Feanor replied his eyes drifting to look out the window.

"Yeah. Normally it would but I know Maglor very well and from what I heard with you; I have to get right to the point or else nothing will happen." He replied. "So, do you want a fresh start or start everything over?"

Feanor was quiet for a long time thinking. He did not want to have this conversation with Rowan but Maglor and Maedhros asked or rather begged him to; so he agreed to it. Yet, now that he was talking and he heard what Rowan was asking him. He understood why they wanted to know what kind of life will be going on now that everyone is together again. As he went back and forth between the questions he looked at Rowan and said, "I don't know,"

"Reasonable answer, but I think you do know. Since if you did want them back you would have finished all the things they asked for within a month. Yet, it took you a while to get everything put together and finish it. Based on that I think you know what your answer is," Rowan said.

"I do want a new start...but I do not know how to get it," Feanor said after another few moments of silence.

"Well, that's why I am here. To help and your sons at a fresh start," Rowan said. "So, now that we have that out of the way let's get really get started."

~~~

When Feanor was finished he walked back into the room where his sons were. He looked around and asked, "Curufin? Where is everyone?"

Curufin looked up from where Celegorm convinced him and Caranthir to play cards. "Maedhros is with Elliot somewhere, Maglor left to speak with Xander, and I have no clue where the twins are."

Feanor nodded and sat down by them. He was thinking over somethings that he spoke with Rowan about. They talked for a bit over an hour but Feanor felt no different from before, either way, Rowan did assure him that it will take time and nothing will change overnight. He continued to think but it was interrupted by Celegorm when he asked, "Hey, atar? Would you like to join us?"

"Alright," Feanor said and walked over and sat closer to them. He sat down and they started a new round of a card game that the twins had taught them earlier that day. They played for a while but their game to an abrupt halt when the door flew open and the twins barged in breathing deeply and laughing.

"What happened to you two?" Caranthir asked looking up.

Amrod just continued to laugh and Amras shook his head. "You had to have been there," Amras managed.

"So. You both are still insane," Caranthir said briefly thanking Eru silently for painkillers. The twins continued to laugh as they plopped themselves to the floor. Feanor looked at them and shook his head but smirked a bit. Curufin sent Celegorm a look and he just shrugged. However, a few moments later Maedhros walked in with Elliot and they both sent an annoyed look at the twins. Who instantly looked out the window and pretended like nothing was going on. Elliot gave a shrug and he and Maedhros went to one of the adjoined rooms.

"Well, I win," Caranthir said after a moment of silence as he put his cards down. Causing his two brothers and father to look a bit surprised. For once in ages things for everyone, there was a strong sense of calm for Feanor and his sons.