1 [Rewrite in Progress]

The Nohara family

This takes place between chapter 9 and 10

*Moriko's pov*

It has been a few weeks since the results of the Chūnin exams were declared. While I am Kakashi were promoted to jōnin, Obito and Rin were promoted to Chūnin.

Obito and me had come to eat dango, and I was serving him and we started talking. Kakashi, who was walking by, decided to "join" us in an attempt to escape from Guy who was coming his way. And soon, Rin came too.

Right now, Obito was drilling Kyū to tell his real name. 'Oh come on! Tell us what's your real name already!'

'What's wrong with Kyū?' Kyū asked plainly.

'Kyū is a number! It cannot be a name.'

Kyū smiled to Obito 'Sorry, but, Kyū is my name. Maybe next time!' and he left to attend to other customers.

Obito was definitely not pleased as he scowled and you could hear him mutter 'That's what you always say!' Then he turned to me 'Say Moriko, don't you know his real name?'

I shook my head 'No. He wouldn't tell me either.'

'That's right. You don't know his real name, right Moriko?' it was Ume.

Now it was Ume's turn to be drilled in 'Mrs. Nakamura! Could you tell us his real name!' Obito asked expectantly.

Ume gave the same teasing smile she gave me when I tried to ask her 'I am sorry Obito, but I will not.' and Obito scowled at her too. 'But I can tell you the story behind his current name.' this got the us, even Kakashi, interested.

Ume giggled at our reaction. 'As you know Moriko, Kyū cannot eat much. Because of that he was made fun of when he was still a boy. He couldn't even finish a plate of dango, and being the son of a dango shop owner, it is very embarassing.

'And one day, Kyū accidentally answered back to their jeers that he could eat 9 plates, without a break. Those boys told him to prove it. Kyū knew that this would be his chance to shut them up, so he agreed. But I became worried, so I told him that I would make those dango (to which he agreed), and made dangos which were a little lighter and arranged them in such a way that it looked like there were a lot, inreality there it was lesser than usual amount.

'And so, when Kyū was served the 9 plates of dango to eat, he managed to finish it before fainting. After that, those boys did stop teasing him, but they started calling him "Kyū", and of course, a proud Kyū happily accepted it.

'I have never told him about what I did, so the 4 of you– don't ever talk to him about this or else all 4 of you won't get any dango for a year! Got it?' The 4 of us just nodded. I love my dango. I cannot live without it. I watched Ume as she returned to her work, and also Kyū, thinking of what would happen if he found out about Ume's actions.

We have our dango quietly. I think how it would be nice if we spent the rest of our day together, then remember that Kakashi would disagree because of training. That's when I get the idea.

'Say Rin, you have a big compound in house, right?'

She replied affirmative. 'So can we go there today?'

'Sure!' she said happily.

'Alright then, the four of us will be going to Rin's place today!' I announced.

And then, just as I expected 'I am not going. I have training to do.' I felt like dragging him, but I knew that I would make a scene by doing that, so I decide against it. Instead, 'But the ground is very huge. You'll be able train there as much as you want!' I tell him.