Chapter 7:Umbra

Straps. Leather, connected to the chair by metal buckles. I looked to the left and saw a portrait of a man in a strange looking armor on a horse.

Was that me? I tried to open my mouth but for some reasons words never escaped my lips. My lips feel like they were sealed together. A loud clang sounded from directly In front of me and my eyes darted to the door. Two people, both men, both familiar. One wearing the armor in the portrait but his face though similar had less wrinkles in his cheeks and an overall younger vibe. The armor he was wearing covered a fair amount of his face except his mouth and lower cheek bones.

My son, Issah

The second man who entered the room was a tall man with light blue skin. His body covered by Egyptian style skirts and jewelry. His right arm was so long it reached to the middle of his shins. I remembered him being upset with me for... Intercepting... Something.

The Orokin Master, Ballas.

I raged when I remembered who he was. I only remember him talking to the grineer about selling his machines. Machines he promised would be used for good, the warframes. Forged from infested bodies fused with that of innocent volunteers. The personality of said volunteer would be represented by the frames abilities and looks. I was a new project, an infested disease purged my body and Ballas used me as a vessel for a new frame. You see when a frame is created it needs an operator to function. They were called Tenno, but I was to be a sentient frame using Lua's hidden technology.

I could feel it. The fusing of metal with decaying skin as I turned more and more.

"Father, are you ok?" Isaah asked. I looked at him then at Ballas.

"I think it's time to play a game." Ballas stated. He formed a board with squares on it and pieces that were black and white while round.

"The objective of this game is to surround one of your opponent's pieces for a point. First to three wins."

He placed a piece, I moved one of mine to advance. He countered and I reacted, again and again and again until I got a point by outsmarting him, then he used my setup to gain a point.

The pain closes in, I see green, now black

Now red.

As the game ends the score shows 3-1 in his favor. My body was searing in pain.

Help.

I broke free off the chains not knowing what I was.

And I killed my own son.

------------------
Sorry. That's how I'm gonna start it. I know my update schedule makes me look like I don't care. I do I want my readers to know I am trying my best to get over this writers block. Thank you for your patience again.