Chapter 12: Pinpoint

I rose slowly as the knocking of the door sounded. It was time to stop being scared and to stop waiting for them to get away, not anymore. I flung the front door open and the heated outside air hit me in the face, without flinching I looked to the figure in the door frame and saw a girl with deathly long curly white hair standing cockily in an all-white suit, one white Glock 18 and a green shining knife in each hand. She placed a gentle hand on my chin and muttered calmly.

"Hello, Umbral Warrior. She is waiting for you. You must save her." She removed her hand and gave an order with a flick of her wrist and around 100 beams of red light hit the house indicating firearms.

"You must not be distracted by a child of the eye. Exterminate her."

A long grin spread across my face as the safeties of the auto rifles clicked off.

": GARA :"

My voice command acted almost instantly and a circular wall of astonishing temporal glass surrounded the house completely. The perpetrators opened fire and let a hell rain of bullets upon the shield, in which it responded with complete silence as the bullets fell to the ground. They made no sound as they left the gun and even after the ricochet of the wall the air was deadly in its silence. The girl looked at the glass in awe then turned her gaze to me, a smile spread across her face as she opened the door to an extravagant four seated car. The troops around her filed into surrounding vehicles and took off at an alarming pace. I let the wall of glass dissipate and made my way back inside, Yuri was breathing heavily on the couch and holding her chest.

A frown was on my face as I walked to her position on the couch and intertwined one of my hands with hers and looked her in the eyes. She held my hand tight and her breathing was slowly calming down, I gently caressed her cheek and she smiled and sighed. Now that she was calm I put on her favorite show and gave her a blanket to stay warm with, as the temperature had mysteriously changed into a deathly cold. I turned off the AC and prepared the fireplace, after wood, newspaper, and traces of inflammatory grey powder I held out my hand and muttered another name.

":Volt:"

Multiple sparks of electricity shot from my hand in a projectile-based manner. And lit the fire instantly, I sighed and made my way over to the kitchen to begin making dinner. Slips of chicken and breadcrumbs, prepared with a salad of carrots, celery, ranch parmesan, and croutons. I powered on the speakers of the house and began to play Beethoven, and some other associated pieces to calm everyone down. Cooking brought me a sort of calm I didn't get in many other tasks, I happily continued to make a meal with anything from fried chicken to salad to a fine wine served with a finale of cheesecake. I want to make something special after what happened to Yuri, I feel bad about the traumatization that must have occurred. I turned down the top left burner to half as the chicken began to turn to a golden brown. I wrapped the salad and took the unfinished cake out of the oven and began to decorate it, slathering a nice layer of frosting and strawberries over it. As the timer sounded I lay the chicken on a plate and brought the fairly small-sized cheesecake to a side table, I grabbed a very expensive bottle of wine out of the cabinet and poured two large glasses I turned the music down to a point where it wasn't the center of hearing but could still definitely be heard.

I brought food over to the coffee table where yuri was sitting and offered her a glass of wine, to which she graciously accepted and held with two hands. I chuckled at my unconventional mismatching dinner after all fried chicken doesn't exactly go perfectly with fine wine. My hand slipped into hers as she sipped her drink, she smiled and looked at the television. I took a long swig of the red drink and sat next to her. The show was about a detective born into the broken police system, a surprisingly well-written show about the ethical (or lack thereof) choices a police officer must make as part of the job description.

She lay her head on my shoulder and placed her drink on the clear glass table in front of us. I treasured this moment as one where we could trust each other enough despite not knowing all the details. I love her so much...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car violently turned onto its side and the two vehicles in front of us sped away. I and Nat ran out of the car weapons first causing the follower to skid to a stop in front of us, a tall man in a green suit stepped out with a handgun accompanied by a short girl with a switch knife in a blue suit. The girl charged me with a low stance and thrust her knife towards me, I sidestepped and let the rifle drop from my hands as I pulled out a combat knife and started deflecting her strikes. I heard rounds fire from beside me from a pistol and a rifle, I swung the knife out of the woman's hands and brought her to the ground, sweeping her leg and securing her arm behind her back. The tang of the city air tasted sweet as the man in the green suit hit the road, Nat zip-tied him and grabbed her weapon. The train roared above us through the tracks creating a gust of cold somewhat pleasant wind.

"Have fun finding him~" The girl squeaked. I spun my head towards her and all that was left was the zip ties and a note.

The emeralds

Nat grabbed my shoulder and gestured towards the car, we stumbled towards the black vehicle and stepped inside. The doors shut, the engine rumbled to life and we took off down the road at an incredibly fast speed. As we entered a tunnel, my eyes started to close and I faded into unconsciousness.

The birds chirped as my eyes flew open to a world I instantly knew wasn't real. The blue drapes on the window directly in front of the bed I was lying in led me to remember my house back in the game, the bookshelf, the nightstand with wrapped food on it...

A small sigh sounded from beside me and I looked down at a small, frail, cute Natsuki. I reached out my hand but the room fell out of reach and everything spiraled into the fire, I stood in a burning neighborhood running towards a bleeding Natsuki. I reached her and looked into her dead eyes, her hand was nowhere to be found and the color of her eyes was unseeable through the layer of blood and no breath was in her lungs. I screamed but no sound came out as my foolish attempts were snuffed by a blanket of darkness.

________________________________________________

Well time to be honest, I feel like shit as of recently and it took almost all the energy I had to get this chapter out. I'm gonna try my best to speed up production but idk how things will go

thanks for sticking with me....